Notices

21 Days 21 Meetings

Old 08-10-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up 21 Days 21 Meetings

Managed to reach 3 weeks of sobriety for the first time in years. First week was really bad - panic attacks, insomnia, the shakes. Week 2 I was still tired but became a bit more productive by painting my flat. Week 3 sleep improved and relationships became more postive and I plan to go back to work next week.
AA has worked wonders and the online forum is great.
From previous experience this is the time I am most vulnerable - My mind tells me "You are feeling better now so you can have a drink". By getting support at AA on a daily basis I have learned not to be complacent. I still plan to go to AA in the evenings after work.
Cravings come especially at times I used to drink - evenings, weekends, football. During this week they have become less intense and do not last as long. Keeping myself busy helps rather than staring at the wall dwelling on things. Now the beer goggles are off I have become less fearful, less self-centred, more open minded and being more positive. Life does has its ups and downs and I feel I can cope better.
I now know even just one drink will spell disaster. I just now keep things simple - one day at a time and not picking up the first drink will keep me sober.
Thanks for your online help guys.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

awesome work.

Just focus on not drinking today and you will be right.

No matter what just don't drink.

We can do this.

I'm at day 15 myself.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good work bobby! I have football tomorrow, first game of season and have to find a good excuse for the lads who are used to seeing me with a pint ha ha
Old 08-10-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

not picking up that first drink will definately keep ya sober as in without drink.
when ya start working the steps, then the joy of being sober as in of sound mind comes in and life gets better and better!

keep goin back!
Old 08-10-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing well.