Notices

Ready for another sober weekend

Old 08-09-2013, 02:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ready for another sober weekend

Friday has come once again. The familiar background noise in the back of my head has something centered around alcohol and the drinking culture. Today happens to be a good day (on day 49) and I know this weekend will work out just fine.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes it seem that the summer is winding down,It's funny to me how most of us relate having a good time on the weekends to drinking,I've always been the type that could take or leave booze( more of a drug addict I guess) but now that I'm ,sober it's like man I'd like a cold beer. I know that one beer would take me back to using substances so I don't do it. I am learning that you can have a great time not drinking or drugging . I'm going the the shore this weekend to visit a cousin I haven't sen in a longtime,it should be fun. I'm hoping everyone has a pleasant ,sober,weekend...
Old 08-09-2013, 03:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I am ready for another sober weekend. I have some dead time I need to navigate but otherwise feel strong and hopeful.

Ken
Old 08-09-2013, 03:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Am I ready for a sober weekend yes , and for that AV within us all, Hear this, I used to wait for my weekends so I could get wasted do little of the things I needed and wanted to do and by Sunday evening I knew I was already in a bad way for Monday I would regret.
I used to think it was regret the weekend sped by, but now I realise it was how little I did.
Weekends now , FULL FULL FULL and no regret no pain and a thousand things done a lie in that is not just hiding from light and a family that feels they've been worked. And happiness did I mention the happiness at being able to do so much and it still costs less than the drink.
For all those still in the grips IT GETS BETTER once the focus changes on what you think your missing to what can we do now, FREEDOM TIME it's all there.
Have a great weekend to all what ever stage your bid for freedom is at.
Love John.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
I have some dead time I need to navigate
KEY KEY KEY!

Day 75 here, 10 weekends so far without, and even though the thought of the weekend and what it used to be has lessened I find that I still need to be proactive and have a plan. Just in case.

What Spinach posted is in direct alignment with my feelings too.

We CAN DO THIS!