Notices

Stomach still hurts after three days sober

Old 08-08-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stomach still hurts after three days sober

Day three and no whiskey/beer and my stomach still hurts. I think the liver/pancreas is on the right side of stomach. I hurt in actual stomach area. Anyone have a this problem? Not asking for medical advise. Worried! But yet I still want a drink. Stupid.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know you said you didn't want medical advice, but if you’re a heavy drinker who frequently experiences stomach pain, indigestion, and/or nausea, you’re probably suffering from gastritis. Generally, the only long-term treatment for gastritis is to abstain from alcohol entirely and let the body heal on its own.

Gastritis is caused by severe irritation to the walls of the stomach, to the point of inflammation and in some cases – to the point of bleeding. Gastritis isn’t generally caused by casual drinking, it usually arises from a large quantity of alcohol, either through binge drinking, or chronic alcoholism. Gastritis is quite common for people who abuse alcohol.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

If say definitely don't drink, and congrats in your 2 days. See a doctor if you are concerned about your stomach.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, Imdoingit, congrats on your 3 days. This is not medical advice, just my experience. My stomach hurt for the first five days and pretty severely. At times the pain would be so sharp I would double over, it went away and now I am enjoying eating again (probably too much). If you are worried see a doctor but mine did go away on its' own.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the info. I just hope it's not my liver/pancreas. The only thing I have according the above is sorta like a swellling in the stomach. No nausea or vomiting. Hope this goes away soon.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I had a similar feeling, & it was much better after a week or so. Congratulations on 3 days.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had pain and bloating in my stomach. Turns out I had pancreatitis. I would go see the doctor if you don't feel better soon. They had to put me on medication to help me heal. And, of course, I have not had a drink since.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better, but don't hesitate to talk to your dr.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

I'm not a doctor, but I could name 5 different reasons why you are hurting. 3 days is fabulous, but it's just 3 days of not numbing self, so you will feel the pain you weren't feeling before....

Please see a doctor!!!!!