Notices

Im freaking out a little......... Frantic

Old 08-08-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im freaking out a little......... Frantic

At 2:30 today I will be getting the nerves burned in my back. I am nervous and feel like I can not breath. I have many fears and one of them is over the amount of pain I will be in while the procedure is taking place. The doctor is putting me on some kind of sedative, and the last time this happened I went into a black out mode. I am not allowed to eat any more food today, and I have had very little. I have amnesia from the last procedure, and also no memory of the days afterward. Im scared. Okay that is it.

5 months sober today.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Mizzuno- Just wanted to let you know that you have my support during this difficult day. I wish that I could say something to give you some peace, but I have no experience with this kind of pain---all I can do is send you a little love.

Take good care of yourself. I hope that you wind up finding some relief.

Much love,

MV
Old 08-08-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mvngon View Post
Hi Mizzuno- Just wanted to let you know that you have my support during this difficult day. I wish that I could say something to give you some peace, but I have no experience with this kind of pain---all I can do is send you a little love.

Take good care of yourself. I hope that you wind up finding some relief.

Much love,

MV
Thank you! I wish I could say something that would stop my brain from worry. I am a whimp. I went on Dr. Google only to discover that doing that made my anxiety worse.
Thank you for the support. I will come out of it alive no matter what.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi Mizz,

I just checked with my astrologer, and today looks like a good day to have your medical work done. But there are psychic challenges in the air, so as long as you remain calm the procedure should go fine.

Sending you a hug!

CF

Last edited by Coldfusion; 08-08-2013 at 10:54 AM. Reason: sending careful gentle hug so as not to hurt your back
Old 08-08-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try to do some deep breathing and relax your shoulders and back. Do you have anything to read while you wait? I hope it goes well for you, and you've every right to feel scared.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I too am sending you my best,it's hard being in recovery and having to go through medical procedures knowing they will be painful and not being able to take anything after.you can ask him or her for a non narcotic pain reliever,Ultraman works for me and it doesn't send me out wanting more.my brain has no off switch either,I think it's part of who we are,all I can say is know its only temporary ,pain does gone away and it doesn't compare to the pain we inflict on our selfs by being active in our addiction..keep your head up and know this too shall pass. Good luck on your road to recovery,five months is something to be very proud of...
Old 08-08-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post
Hi Mizz,

I just checked with my astrologer, and today looks like a good day to have your medical work done. But there are psychic challenges in the air, so as long as you remain calm the procedure should go fine.

Sending you a hug!

CF
Good to know. That is what the sedative is for? I will have to take it at 1:30. Those little pills look really strong, and I am not wanting to take them at all. I have to though. Remain calm....Check. I need to remember this is for the greater good.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Aw, Mizzuno, big hugs to you. Sending good thoughts and healing prayers your way. When you are up to it please let us know how you are doing.

LuLu
Old 08-08-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Try to do some deep breathing and relax your shoulders and back. Do you have anything to read while you wait? I hope it goes well for you, and you've every right to feel scared.
Deep breathing I can do. I was thinking I would clean the house, and make sure that things are in order for when I come home.
Thank you for acknowledging my fears. Deep breathing.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on 5 months!!! The only advice I can give you is to not google medical procedures or diseases---your mind goes into overdrive and you end up imagining the worst that can happen. Been there, done that! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
Thank you! I wish I could say something that would stop my brain from worry. I am a whimp. I went on Dr. Google only to discover that doing that made my anxiety worse.
Thank you for the support. I will come out of it alive no matter what.
Dr. Google...no, oh no, no, no... I had to fire him, he kept stressing me out by planting "worst case scenarios" in my head. I've been much healthier since I kicked him to the curb.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eleni58 View Post
Congrats on 5 months!!! The only advice I can give you is to not google medical procedures or diseases---your mind goes into overdrive and you end up imagining the worst that can happen. Been there, done that! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted!
Yeah, Dr. Google sent me into the dr's office with a whole plethora of questions. I have not been on since. It was not helpful to say the least. Thank you for the support. Talking about it is helping a little. I can feel my blood pressure rising. I can remain calm.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sending healing, calm thoughts your way, Miz

Congratulations on 5 months.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Mizz whatever happens we are here for you .

Other people have this proceedure and deal with it perfectly well .

When you last had it were you months and months sober ?

One foot infront of the other , you will get through with perseverenace .

, m
Old 08-08-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Mizz whatever happens we are here for you .

Other people have this proceedure and deal with it perfectly well .

When you last had it were you months and months sober ?

One foot infront of the other , you will get through with perseverenace .

, m
Well, I was a few months sober. Yes, other people do have this procedure. I just do not know them, and so I have not been able to talk with anyone about it. I will be alright. I am nervous. I am not good with pain. The last shots were so painful, that I was in tears on the table. This is not shots though....It is radiofrequency burning. I will be fine. Just want it to be over.
Thank you Mecanix. Thank you. This is for the greater good.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I hope for the best for you. I asked my wife if she had your procedure several weeks ago and she thinks it is and has no regrets having it. She's a nurse and a worrier so that's good news. In her case there was no mention of a burning sensation that diminishes with time. from the pain she was going thru and the difference now is profound and getting better. BE WELL
Old 08-08-2013, 11:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by visch1 View Post
I hope for the best for you. I asked my wife if she had your procedure several weeks ago and she thinks it is and has no regrets having it. She's a nurse and a worrier so that's good news. In her case there was no mention of a burning sensation that diminishes with time. from the pain she was going thru and the difference now is profound and getting better. BE WELL
Wonderful news! I am so glad to hear this. Yes, i am a worrier. Next thing to work on.
I am happy to hear that your wife's procedure was a success. Chronic back pain is no way to live. It has robbed me of many activities that I love ,and many people are hindered by their backs. If I could take back flipping over a bike in my twenties, I would. I am praying that this is the last procedure for my back. I know that it will work. Visch thank you so much. I wish your wife well. I hope that she is back to being active and living life pain free.
Great New! Be Well Visch.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Mizz - my mother had it and it was a godsend. Got better and better with each passing week after it was done.

You got this.

Blessings.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

She just sent you a private message. BE WELL
Old 08-08-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, Mizz. You are so brave and strong...you totally have this one. And think of how wonderful you will feel not having that chronic pain anymore.

Please check in when you can and let us know how it went and how you're feeling.

Lots of love and good vibes