Notices

9 days

Old 08-08-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

9 days

I've been nine days without alcohol and am feeling better every day. My problem is boredom. I have been reading voraciously and cooking more, but those "happy hour" hours are the ones that get me! I will say I am relieved to not be drinking. I drank for 39 years, almost every day, and if I wasn't drinking, I was too hungover to drink. I've decided once and for all that I am done, but even then I had to go on Antabuse, which is the only thing that's ever kept me sober this long. I have relatively little cravings, since I know I will get violently ill (and for two weeks after the last pill), and hope to learn how to just BE in life without alcohol before I go off the antabuse. Just wanted to post something for the first time, because I think I will be coming to this website a LOT.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome!! Good job and keep posting! You'll be surprised at how much it helps to talk about it.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome! 9 days is a great start. I'm also using Antabuse as a deterrent to help me keep sober. In the past I didn't want to rely on it as a crutch but after repeated failed attempts, I realized I have to forego my pride and do whatever it takes.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Nine days is AWESOME! You're among alcoholics here so we all know what an accomplishment that is. Heck, I remember how much of a challenge three days was, so you're triple that! Give yourself a pat on the back.

As for the boredom, that my dear, is addiction. It's the voice nattering away in your ear telling you that else in life is as interesting as drinking. Total and complete poppycock! Don't worry though, the longer you stay sober, the more that voice recedes into the distance and other hobbies and interests start to emerge.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you so much

I feel like finding this site is the best thing that's happened! I plan on being on here a lot. Thanks so much for your support and kind words!!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

you don't have to do this alone... there's strength in numbers

Hey friend

Your right this site is a Godsend , post often
get it out

Glad to meet you and congrats on the 9 days

Tr