Notices

Feeling blue

Old 08-06-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling blue

Hi everyone

Thanks for all the great messages of encouragement yesterday, they really helped me get through the day.

I'm sober, I only drank the one night, Sunday, I'm not being so hard on myself now. Some of the posts helped me see things from a different perspective and to remember that I am actually making progress as opposed to going backwards and that it's ok to make mistakes, still, I have a strange kind of blue feeling today, can't really explain it.

The emotions of Sunday night were very powerful, it was like someone else jumped in my head and went on a mission, nothing was going to stop me going to that shop. The **** it button deployed and I wasn't prepared for it at all.

I'm struggling..............
Old 08-06-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hi DS777 ,
Alcohol is a depressant, so maybe those effects might be lingering ... i think it took 5 or 6 months before a shallow depressed mood went that i wasn't even aware of having ..

Onwards is the only way to go

Bestwishes, m
Old 08-06-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just know that your not alone,I struggle everyday to make the right choices and keep things on a sober path,it's good that with modern technology we are so easily accessible to others in the same boat. I am dual diagnosed,bi polar and drug addicted.its tough sometimes ,I feel like throwing in the towel and getting high but when I think it through its not worth it at all.i know I'm not unique and that I'm not alone so try and keep that in mind,we are all here for you to talk to,just pick up the phone,the iPad or computer and put it out there then u don't have to hang on to it..best to you,it will get better just keep it in the day,tomorrow isn't here yet and yesterday's gone..you have today!!!!😄😄😄😄😄😄
Old 08-06-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hope u feel better soon. As Mecanix says,alcohol is a depressant, so I know after a bought with it, I'm feeling blue as well. Good news is that it gets better, the longer you stay off it. Sure there will ups and downs, but the down days/feelings will be worse when or after drinking. Sending u hope, well wishes, and a little ray of sunshine your way 2day! Feel better.