Making Dreams Come True

Old 08-06-2013, 04:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Making Dreams Come True

Making dreams come true

Dreams do indeed come true, but not on their own. Desires are most certainly fulfilled, but not just by wishing.

Dreams and desires provide the powerful energy necessary for achievement, and yet someone must focus and direct that energy. When it comes to your dreams, that is your job.

Go ahead, dream the biggest, most wonderful and personally meaningful dream you can imagine, and feel the intensity of your longing for it. Then, with your passion at full throttle, get busy making that dream a reality.

The joy of accomplishment is in the doing, and in feeling the dynamic strength of your own capabilities. What you truly seek is not to have, but to do, to create, to experience the feeling of being purposefully effective.

If you could have anything just by wishing, what would be the point, what would be the value? Fortunately, you have the opportunity to create great value precisely because your every wish does not instantly materialize.

You have the opportunity to give life to any dream by giving your effort, attention, focus and commitment to it. And by so doing, not only are you able to achieve the dream, you also give it real meaning.

— Ralph Marston
Old 08-06-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I read this today and it reminded me of the years when I lost all my dreams and forgot the magic of working toward something wonderful.

I do not have a fairy god mother, at least not last time I looked, but if I have a dream, a real dream deep in my heart, and if I have a plan and am prepared to do the work involved...my dreams can and do come true.

Some dreams may not unfold the way I wanted...but I would rather die having attempted all the things I dreamed than live with regret that I never tried.

What will you do today to make a dream come true?

Hugs
Old 08-06-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We have a big dream. We (Mr. KE and I) are in the process of making that dream come true. It's a little scary. We have sold our house. We have sold or given to charity 2/3 of our personal belongings. We are ready to "travel light". Our dream is to move to a foreign country. The countdown is on.

Dreams can be scary. Dreams can be exciting. Dreams can take sacrifice. But dreams and the pursuit of them are what remind us that we are alive.

Thanks Ann!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 08-06-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I did a writing exercise that I found somewhere--it was a self-help book, or on this website (don't remember!). It had me imagine my life in 10 years--the whole thing--where I was living, what I was doing, who I was with--dream big! The best of the best. I did the exercise, and it helped me figure out my goals. It helped me go back to school, move to a new place, and got me started on working on my flower garden! My garden looks beautiful, and I'm about to graduate in a new field. It's a second career for me. Dreaming big works. I'm still working on fulfilling the dreams that I dreamed that day. I have more of the goals to finish. However, it helped me realize what I want so that I would have a direction to follow.

Thanks for sharing!!
Old 08-06-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh Kindeyes, I have a friend whose dream was much like yours, traveling light to see the world, stopping to work here and there (she taught English and was wonderful with children and pets and he was a wonderful gardener/handyman/driver/tutor). Many times they were hired just to take care of grand estates while the owners were away. Such fun they have had, and their dream has come true a thousand times.

Dreaming big works. I'm still working on fulfilling the dreams that I dreamed that day.
Bluebell, indeed you are living your dream as well, the journey counts as part of any dream and is half the fun.

It takes courage to follow your dreams...but that's the most beautiful part. You will never die regretting what you didn't do.

I believe that life is a wonderful adventure and each chapter brings us something special. I know that I am no spring chicken but I have just begun to live my dreams. It's the best part of getting to this time in my life, I have the time and opportunity and health (thank you God) to do it all.

Hugs