Notices

having a bad day

Old 08-05-2013, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

having a bad day

Hi friends

I just got more bad financial news . My using has buried me financially. Anxiety is thru the roof trying to cope with this news. How will I ever get through this mess..Using today would calm my nerves a bit. I got 3 days now this
Old 08-05-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ricky, friend, look at what you just wrote: "My using has buried me financially," and then, "Using would calm my nerves a bit."

See the nasty cycle here? See your AV jump in at the end there, grab you by the ear, and try to drag your butt back to the mat?

Play it through, as Dee always says. So you are in a panic about your financial state, you use, you feel awesome/forget about it for X amount of time, you come down, you get even more panicky and anxious because the problem is still there and now you're coming down from the high and its side effects...see where I'm going with this? It will most definitely be worse.

Don't snowball stuff. I put myself in one hell of a pickle financially with drinking and ignoring responsibilities because I was drunk. I am almost out of that mess now because I dealt with one thing at a time. Sober. It is not perfect but at least it is now manageable. It is totally possible for you to do the same, I promise.

Don't use, my friend. Stay here with us. It will all be OK.

((Hugs))
Old 08-05-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there....using caused the ruin so using can't be part of the answer...it will just cause further ruin.

We don't keep the tire inflated with the nail that punctured it.

You have helped a lot of people at SR. I am sure you have helped a lot of people F2F. Time for you to ask people for your own help, maybe non-profit financial counseling agencies, cleric, family and friends, legal services...
Old 08-05-2013, 11:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi Riky,

Please work this through without using. A lot of people are going through challenges right now. Not only is it the time of year and the state of the world, but --I hope you don't think this is weird--the Earth is experiencing a magnetic storm from the Sun right now. This always causes stress.

I advise checking this site daily: SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids

Best wishes!
Old 08-05-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ptcapote View Post
Don't snowball stuff. I put myself in one hell of a pickle financially with drinking and ignoring responsibilities because I was drunk. I am almost out of that mess now because I dealt with one thing at a time. Sober. It is not perfect but at least it is now manageable. It is totally possible for you to do the same, I promise.
I was in a very large financial mess as well when I finally quit drinking. Slowly, but surely, I have climbed out of the pit. A little bit at a time. It can be done, just like sobriety can be done. And you can do it. Take a deep breath and try not to get overwhelmed.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Ricky if you use you invite more madness and calamity in .

A fix fixes nothing, It is a delusion . Everyone sober lives with these emotions and deals with them , and in that i also mean those sober people who have never touched drink or drugs, they also deal with death , disease , finacial ruin ...

You can deal with this sober,
You can get help,
You can get support,

Rootin' for ya , m
Old 08-05-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Riky, you don't need to be told, you are intelligent enough to recognise using is not the answer, it's the problem that caused this mess. Get someone to help you organise your finances, speak to the people you owe to try and work out manageable repayments, and work forward to becoming debt free and staying clean. Be strong my friend
Old 08-05-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Riky - I'm STILL dealing the financial fallout of crack over 6 years later. Losing my career didn't stop me, loosing my home didn't stop me. I just kept using, telling myself "I'll deal with it when I get clean".

Well, I'm dealing with it, alright. I wish I'd stopped when I "just" ruined my finances, I could have saved a lot of problems that I'm still dealing with.

Using isn't going to do anything but start the "more, more, MORE" tape in your head, and you're going to feel awful when you quit....again. Just stay quit, sweetie.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-05-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Ricky.

I can totally understand you - I am in financial mess myself and this causes quite an anxiety. But whatever your AV tries to cheat you into, drinking/using will just get it worse.

While we are sober we can deal with it.

Stay with us, hang in here.

And I knew there's something in the air today. I've had a terrible day also.

Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post
the Earth is experiencing a magnetic storm from the Sun right now. This always causes stress.
But tomorrow will certainly be better if we don't give up, ok? I'm sure it will.

Take care, stay strong.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

only a crack addict could try to justify using by saying it will CALM the NERVES!!!!!

riky, using is NEVER a solution to ANYTHING. period. so let's just rip that page right out of the play book. you don't get CALL that play anymore.

if something is on fire, the first step to putting it out is to STOP throwing gasoline on it!!!! they told me in emergency floor warden training here at work to never to try to put a fire out that was already as large as my desk. instead, get to safety and CALL FOR HELP. if you are in a financial pickle, you need to go to the financial pickle experts for help. get some guidance. get a PLAN. work the plan. and do your best.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Using today would calm my nerves a bit.
and dig you deeper into debt.

I had major financial hassles too Riky...it took me til a long time after I got sober to sort it all out, but I did.

I went to all my creditors and worked out payments plans, I made a budget, I cut out a lot of frivolous expenditure...

I know being poor can be stressful - I used to worry a lot - but these days I know as long as I have a place to live, food to eat, power and water I'm not gonna die

The bottom line is the sooner you stop spending money on crack the sooner you'll be able to get yourself back into the black financially.

Don't listen to any voice that says anything different, man.

D
Old 08-05-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You are not alone my friend. I have a baby coming any day now and I'm pretty much flat broke half the time trying to play catch up and pay past due medical / insurance bills incurred during my last spree over a year ago... Not to mention my student debit which is almost 50k. Gulp.

So I have these same moments of total panic and I feel you on wanting to escape but we always come back to this same spot, only it's a little worse each time we give in right? Whatever happens, it will be worse if you don't stay sober. No one is coming to take you (or me) to jail today for being broke. It does suck but as Dee said, I have a home and I ate a meal today so I am doing better than many people in the world who don't even have those tiny comforts. And I will keep cleaning up my wreckage, financial and otherwise, until its gone if I just stay on this path.

You can too. Hang on. Just hang on...
Old 08-05-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

How's tonight, my friend?

Thinking of you
Old 08-05-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Riky I've got to echo the others. I'm in a huge hole but using and drink put me there. As things got worse around me, so did I. It's going to take an age to sort out but I've started chipping away.

You can start to manage stuff but only if you start managing yourself.

Stay strong, work it and you will start to see glimpses of that elusive peace of mind.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

It's ok, Pt

Lots of good advice , I'm making a plan
I lnow I can't fix this by using , just dig a deeper hole
I get anxiety , who don't. I just keep going , one foot in front of the other
One day , One hour , One minute at a time
Old 08-05-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

My drinking resulted in bankruptcy for me. I lost everything, but looking back I guess I really never had anything since none of the 'stuff' made me happy anyway.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

thanks for posting this thread iam a newly sober person on day 6 and yes its terrifying when the smoke/brain clears up and you can see the damage that last spree caused. mine almost cost me my life. and yeah my finances will suck until i learn a new way of living, i totally can relate to all these posts and thx again.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You can get back to where you need to be. Never give up!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post
Hi friends

I just got more bad financial news . My using has buried me financially. Anxiety is thru the roof trying to cope with this news. How will I ever get through this mess..Using today would calm my nerves a bit. I got 3 days now this
Well using is what got you into this, and using will keep you in the **** cycle for life if you let it. There are ALWAYS messes to clean up when we get sober, and sometimes it takes a long time. I still am cleaning up things from years ago, but I know I can do it because each challenge I rise to and overcome makes me stronger and more confident. You can deal with this, but using will only magnify your problems ten fold.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:18 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

My mother always told me "There's no situation you can get yourself into that you can't get yourself out of." If you found your way into a financial hole, I'm confident you can find your way out of it. Have you heard of the show Till Debt Do Us Part? The host Gail Vaz Oxlade has a great tool on her Web site to try to manage your debt and get your finances organized. I hope I'm not overstepping a boundary but if you Google her you'll find the site and under "resources" you'll find all sorts of interactive worksheets. All free, no registration required. I'd post a link, but I'm afraid I'm too new. Good luck to you, Riky. I believe in you.