Notices

feeling so drained

Old 08-05-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling so drained

Hey guys

10 days sober been attending aa alot.

going strong don't feel like a drink but I'm so tired going to aa meetings and getting up early for work.

I feel like having a early night and rest but my wife is annoyed that I'm not going to aa because she thinks I'm not serious in my sobriety.

I am I'm not going to drink nor do I feel like it.

Do you ever just get tired of all this worrying about drinking ect all the time.

I know I need to keep it at the front of my mind but I just want a break f from all this.

I'm just rambling maybe.

Jason.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

What you are feeling is normal. And yes, I too got tired of thinking about the not drinking and I just wanted a break! And sometimes I still want to take a break. The road to sobriety can seem daunting at times.

It is hard for people who aren't alcoholics to understand what we are going thru. And it takes time for our family to trust us and to realize that we really are trying to work it.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

and congrats on 10 days sober! that is awesome!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks after a few relapses she thinks aa is the key for me but I need sleep to lol. Maybe it's part of the detox being so tired cause I'm alot more tired than normal.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Yes detoxing does make you feel tired as well. I was too, we abuse are bodies for so long they need time to heal. You will start feeling better physically, it just takes some time. What are you eating? Some of us get into sugar and that makes you really tired as well. Try to eat lots of clean foods and drink lots of water.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I slept a lot at first. Go to bed early if you need to. Don't let someone else nag you into doing something different.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 10 days. Your being tired in the early stages are a remember when for me. The answers I got from my AA friends was that they never heard of anyone dying from lack of sleep so get my ars up to a meeting. Man I got so many answers I hated but were on the mark for this alcoholics slow functioning and rebellious brain power. Now I give mostly the same answers. I also complicated big time KISS. BE WELL
Old 08-05-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Personally I can't stand being obliged to do anything. That sounds so bratty but I suppose what I really mean is you have to be doing these things for yourself. If you are going to a meeting because someone else thinks you should then you might end up resentful and we all know where that leads. But it is your responsibility to take control of this. Respect your wife's feelings and realise that she has her own issues to deal with too. Don't forget HALT too. You are no used to anyone if you are burnt out. Feeling tired was a big trigger for me because drinking used to give me energy and my second wind in the evenings. I was exhausted for a long time in early sobriety but just had to roll with it. I slept a lot! x
Old 08-05-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Perhaps you can come to a compromise, attend some meetings on line and some in person, or attend every other day? Your wife must find a way to trust that you will remain sober, or you will never be able to prove that you can. Keep talking to each other about your needs and fears. I wish you well.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Balance is the key for me, always.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Balance is the key for me, always.
This! Same for me.

Try and use HALT. Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired

These are warning signs and they can cause a trigger or an excuse to create one. When I first quit I had all four of these to varying degrees at different times and it helped to recognize them.

Now that I have more sober time and I think of skipping a meeting I have to ask myself if I am really tired or just lazy. If I am lazy I get my butt to a meeting, if I am tired I rest and get some sleep.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 11 for me and I am still tired. I have only gone to 2 AA meetings but plan on going to one tomorrow. Just been too lazy and tired.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Exhausted at day 16 but making a meeting almost everyday, I did skip Saturday. I still have horrible insomnia so go well over 24 hours without sleeping quite frequently.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks guys I appreciate the input I enjoy the meetings for sure but they finish at 10 pm and I'm up at 5 I don't goto bed until about 11 a week of t that really catches up with you.