Notices

6 month observation

Old 08-04-2013, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 month observation

Hi all- I don't post much (okay, none at all) but I do read every day and "thank you" a lot. SR is my sole support and I thank you all so much . For your shares, wisdom and experience.

I just had my six months of sobriety this past Thursday. I feel great and things seem to be going well. I had the luxury of being able to work part time during this period so that I could adjust. I'm doing the same work, but for a differnt company, that I was 2 years ago that I thought I hated and dreaded getting up for daily. I found that the anxiety and hatred that i had for it had more to do with being hungover from the night before or the several days it would take me to fully recover.

Anyhow, what I came here for this evening was to relate my day. I went to a baseball game, first one since I quit. I was amazed at so many people wandering around with beers, but what really hit me was the smell- that rancid, been out in the sun sweating and drinking too much. How I hate to think that i smelled like that before.

That's all. It just really hit me and the first thought was to share here. Almost broke out the iPad mini out but that would have been rude.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey! Thanks for this post. I am so happy that you are at 6 months. Congrats!
Ya, that beer smell can really get to a person. Its funny that I did not really notice it before. Now, it is very obvious and dare I say a bit too much!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on 6 months

D
Old 08-05-2013, 04:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Thumbs up

Hi 2black kittehs

Congrats on your 6 months sober!

I've just passed my 6 months, too, and doesn't it feel great? My sole support has also been from SR. I've learned so much even by just 'lurking' here. I now appreciate, for example, the danger of complacency and that I need to work on my sobriety every day.

Here's to the next 6 months and to feeling even better. Yay!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Going on the forums and not smoking pot for me is like... Being on a diet but then not working out. I could go on a great diet and sit around, but until I start working out (going to meetings in person and working steps) I'm not getting the full spiritual health out of it

I got 6 days back though just by reading these forums. I decided to smoke pot after 2 months in program and getting to step 4. Every night since last Tues, 8PM has rolled around and I've just been like... Meh, I really don't feel like smoking.