Notices

Regret not going to AA tonight..

Old 08-04-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Regret not going to AA tonight..

Yup. Should have gone to a meeting, finally released my ex boyfriend from my life and the one person I though would be there for me... Now I just ask my higher power to keep me healthy and employed so I don't need the help of anyone, because I have no one right now, but to live in fear of something bad happening and hanging on to a situation that only hurts me isn't healthy for my recovery....
I have gone thru worse things than this in my life and I shall conquer this as well. Tomorrow is a new day and will get my butt to a meeting..

Having a drink is not an option even though I really want to get drunk tonight... Wanting doesn't mean I need it .
Old 08-04-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Get a good nights rest and go to a meeting Monday.. Wishing you the best!!
Old 08-04-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Sorry you are having a rough time with the changes in your life right now Silvy69. You have lots of people who understand you on here though.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I missed my AA meeting this morning as well. B/F came home drunk, we fought a little and I was up all night and didn't get to sleep until 5:30 a.m. I regret not going too, but tomorrow is another day.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

ask your higher power to give you a hug.....
Old 08-04-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Silvy69 View Post
Yup. Should have gone to a meeting, finally released my ex boyfriend from my life and the one person I though would be there for me... Now I just ask my higher power to keep me healthy and employed so I don't need the help of anyone, because I have no one right now, but to live in fear of something bad happening and hanging on to a situation that only hurts me isn't healthy for my recovery....
I have gone thru worse things than this in my life and I shall conquer this as well. Tomorrow is a new day and will get my butt to a meeting..

Having a drink is not an option even though I really want to get drunk tonight... Wanting doesn't mean I need it .
Go to a Monday meeting. ODAAT.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks all. Yes tomorrow I will meet up with my sponsor and get to a meeting...
Old 08-04-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Eleni get to one tomorrow.. I refuse to be around anyone that drinks, I am not strong enough. Stay strong
Old 08-04-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

what happens when, you drink?
Old 08-04-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
EndGame

Great that you're taking care of yourself and finding something good for yourself in AA. What you're experiencing is called learning from your suffering. A precious gift.

Originally Posted by Silvy69 View Post

Old 08-04-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

proud of you did not make it to a meeting but not drink either
it look like you are a strong woman, keep praying to your higher power for strength on all aspects of your life.
and keep coming...
Old 08-04-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I don't think I am strong as much as determined to never ever drink again... Strength I use to have before I started drinking.. Now I have to build it back up .
Old 08-04-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

you are in the right path. and with your determination you are going to make it. I'm the same at this moment in time and I'm doing to.