Notices

Angery

Old 08-04-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angery

Hi. Im new to this site. Im on another site for alcohlic and drug addicts too. Ok...Im doing pretty well . Havent had a drink since July 14 about 1 AM. I have a question and wonder how others deal with this- I want to hit my husband for having a drink at hoome. I hear the booze pour into the cup, i hear the ice cubes he puts in and then i hear him open the soda can and i just get so angry and i want to hit him. I dont hit him..i go to our bedroom and turn on tv and stay there for awhile..but i just want to wind up and hit him for doing that. I know its not his fault im an alki and hes not the one with the drinking issue. He can control himself and i absolutley can not..Any suggestions withouth ruining marriage??
Old 08-04-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It sounds like it is hard for him to relate to what you are going through. Also, remember that you will be irrationally irritated during early recovery. I think you are doing the right thing by going into the bedroom to be alone and watch TV. Drink plenty of water and go to bed early too. It will get better with time. Just remind yourself of that.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

mrsL, is there the possibility that he culd be doing it on purpose? Although I've never had a spouse I know they can be mighty mean to each other. Of course I hope this isn't the case, so talk to him about it and see what's going on. Rootin for ya.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wonder if you have talked to him about this (when you're not angry) and let him know your feelings? You're right, that it's not a problem for him to drink, but he may not realize he's upsetting you so much. You're doing the right thing by getting out of the room and doing something else.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No half measures

I would definately talk to him because he may be actively tempting you commit suicide. My wife agreed to a dry house even though she drinks because she was so happy to have me sober
Old 08-04-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi no its not that hes trying to be a jerk. I know Im the one with the problem and hes my spouse but i think he has no idea how to deal. His ex wife is a major drunk. More than I but non the less, im an alcoholic also. I just know i wanna pop him one when he makes a drink. I have to say he hasnt had one since i stopped til now. I have tried to quit before and this is the part that got to me. I need to be stronger but not sure I can live here . Unless i get over this
Old 08-04-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Anna it's best to talk things out where possible.

He may not want to stop drinking, but at least then you'll know that, and he'll know how you feel.

Many members here deal with partners, family members, friends and colleagues who drink - it's not easy but I think it gets easier - there's a ton of support here anyway

welcome
Old 08-04-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are right I do believe. I just had to take dog for a walk because I cant stand him at the moment. I dont want to cause a fight. See, I quit again because I had a birthday party and at end of night ended of falling and cracking my head and gave myself a concussion that had me out of work for week. Second injury from drinking ( my doctor said both these pretty serious injuries ) came from drinking. I cant do this anymore. So i stopped. I really dont want to drink anymore. I dont know when to stop ever. Drink til im blacked out every time. Cant live like that.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

THANK YOU!! i really want to stay sober this time. I will be visiting this site quite often. Its so hard for me to admit I need help. But this time I admitted it to myself