Notices

Make You Happy You Are Sober?

Old 08-04-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Make You Happy You Are Sober?

So, my daughter is a police officer who worked overnight last night. Her stories help me stay sober.

One call at 2 A.M. was for a man wandering around the middle of a very busy road with no shoes on. My daughter responded and, of course, the man was extremely intoxicated. He was belligerent but my daughter explained she just wanted to keep him safe and give him a ride home. She finally got him in the car and took him home. She helped him to the door where they were greeted by his wife who screamed she did not want him as she was the one that left him at the bar. When my daughter finally left the pair were still arguing.

About 5 A.M. she got a call for a loud noise. When she went to investigate she saw an older gentleman attempting to back out of a parking space but continually scraping the cars on each side and pulling forward to try again. When my d approached the car and asked him to turn off the car and give her the keys he called her every name in the book. When he finally complied he bent her thumb backwards when handing over the keys which the cops do not take lightly. When he got out of the car he charged my daughter and tried to take her down, thankfully she could avoid him since her motor skills were not great. He made up his own field sobriety test and started singing 80's songs. He finally blew and his BAC was .197. When my daughter went to take his wallet to get his license and run it she realized he had peed himself and the wallet was soaked (gross). She then noticed his belt was undone and his fly was open. He had an extensive history and one of his aliases was Casanova Lover, this made me laugh since he is 62 years old. After finally getting him cuffed it was off to the station for processing. He screamed profanities and nonsense about police brutality the whole way while kicking the window.

At the station he was not cooperative either. While in the cell he screamed for two hours in front of the camera. At one point his pants fell down and he was going commando. He was still cuffed and asked what he was supposed to do about his pant, my daughter said I don't know, I'm not touching them, I guess when the cuffs come off you can deal with it. When it came time to call for bail no one would help him. His mother said no since he has been doing this since he was 16. His sister said no. So, tomorrow morning he will be off to bond call and then jail at 26th and California in Chicago which is NOT a nice place to be. Not only does he have the DUI but also resisting and battery to a peace officer. Oh, and the car he was driving was a rental.

I feel sorry for these folks but also for those who have to deal with them. The paperwork for a DUI takes about 5 hours. My d works 12 hour shifts and was supposed to be off at 6 AM but did not get out until 9:30 after working 12 hours the night before. She is back for another 12 (hopefully) tonight.

So glad I made the decision to stop drinking.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow! Amazing stories. I actually laughed out loud at the second one... couldn't help it. About the "Casanova Lover" and singing 80's songs. She has quite a job, I certainly don't envy her that. Yes, it does make me happy I'm sober!
Old 08-04-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stuff like this keeps me sober.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

But for the grace of God...
Old 08-04-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Good reminder of what could have been. Alcoholism just completely humiliates.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Another reason to drink Italian Soda.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

As Phil Robertson would say on Duck Dynasty "Happy, Happy, Happy!" And that I am--happy to be sober and not have to worry what idiotic thing I said or did the night before.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Carlotta, I feel the same way.

Soberjennie I laughed at some of it too. The way she tells the stories is funny. When she described seeing him buck naked from the waist down I couldn't help but laugh. Her job is demanding, she just turned 24 and has been a cop since she was 22. She is about 5'5" tall and 125 pounds soaking wet. She is a beautiful girl with huge blue eyes, she gets a marriage proposal at least once per shift. A drunk she arrested the other night told her that when he got out of jail she was going to be his third ex-wife, LOL.

It is a sobering reminder of where we all could be. There are some she arrests that are very remorseful and cry, then there are the belligerent ones, each is different yet the same.