Notices

Day 2 going strong but I did get a little pi##ed!

Old 08-04-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 going strong but I did get a little pi##ed!

Well, now I know that even a small relapse will make stuff difficult. Seems like the first time I quit was much easier. On day 2 and I have talked to my Sponser and will be heading to a meeting.
Went out for a nice lunch with a friend. We then stopped at another friend's house. He cranked up the music, brought some chairs outside, and brought out a case of my beer. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
I was getting so angry that I couldn't have one!
What I did was just remind myself to keep it simple. (Might get those words tattooed on my arm lol)
Over and over in my head, I kept saying you are an Alcholic, you will not have one, you will go get another case, you will not make it home to make dinner for your family. SIMPLE! Lol
I did have to cut the time short and ask my friend to take me home. At certain moments I was pi##ed. But now that I am home, sober, and can relay a good story at my meeting. I am SO happy. So far, day two...success!
Old 08-04-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your strong resolve!
'Keep it simple' .....great words; also 'one day at a time'
Old 08-04-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Great story. Congratulations on recognizing what was going on and getting through it.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you. I kind of froze. Grateful for having tools given to me by people who know. Here and in my life. I'm slowly understanig I can do this if I just stay open and actually DO what people are telling me.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go on being disciplined.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nice job on keeping that firm resolve! Easier said than done, and yet ya' did it
Old 08-04-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Kudos to you for resisting temptation! I still can't trust myself to be around alcohol.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job! It sounds like you played the tape through, seeing where jut would lead you, which helped me a lot in the beginning and still does. It's ok to feel too. We usually try to avoid that but the more you do it the more you realize that feelings don't last forever.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good job! Congrats!
Old 08-04-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good job holding fast and choosing not to drink. Having said that, it seems a bit soon to put yourself into that realm of temptation. You may want to sidestep that whole scene until you've had some time to get adjusted...and clear. Good friends (read: real friends) will still be there for you in the long run.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
No half measures

I did not do any drinking situations for over a year and I still avoid them. I put nothing ahead of my sobriety
Old 08-04-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eleni58 View Post
Kudos to you for resisting temptation! I still can't trust myself to be around alcohol.
I don't trust myself either, not yet. This came as a total surprise.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Kudos to you, great story. Keep at it though. I have had to tell my friends who drink that I am not drinking so don't invite me out for drinks, I couldn't trust myself at this stage. As I posted a minute ago, I did notice the phone stopped ringing from those "friends" expect that. Those around you play a part in the overall problem.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Please pm me. I know where you are.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Great work BB. I don't go anywhere without my own vehicle in early sobriety. I want to hightail it out of any situation that makes me uncomfortable. Having my keys, gives me confidence. I have been around alcohol in early sobriety but I always know I can leave should I need to. For me, that's incredibly important.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I have always admired the will of recovering alcoholics, your drug of choice is basically on every corner and in your face on tv. Keep being strong!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 01:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Neo, so here is that post you were talking about on the other thread. Funny you say that, my daughter and I were at dinner the other night and she said basically the same thing. She is a cop (who would love to be a paramedic) and was looking at the drink menu we were handed and all the alcohol signs on the wall and said it must be really hard to quit something that is always in your face and so socially acceptable.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
Great work BB. I don't go anywhere without my own vehicle in early sobriety. I want to hightail it out of any situation that makes me uncomfortable. Having my keys, gives me confidence. I have been around alcohol in early sobriety but I always know I can leave should I need to. For me, that's incredibly important.
This is great advice. And would keep me out of any surprise situations. I will start doing this. Thanks
Old 08-05-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Black Bird View Post
This is great advice. And would keep me out of any surprise situations. I will start doing this. Thanks
No problem BB. I find that given we have such little control over life, that little I can seize to stay sober...puffs me up like a superhero : )