Notices

Checking in to say hello.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Thumbs up Checking in to say hello.

It's been a few months and 4 years since I last had a drink. Still have drinking dreams on occasion and sometimes I miss it, but I expect those thoughts and feelings....when you do something long enough to become habit then addiction, all desire does not magically disappear, even after a few years have passed. That doesn't mean I'm doing it wrong. I know what to expect---this is a journey.

The hardest thing is dealing with my depression. I've had some bad downs....had to take time off of work to get mentally better. Am now regularly seeing a NEW therapist (yeah!) who is way more trustworthy than the last. I'm doing okay, right now, in this moment. I'm sorry for not posting here in a year...hello to old friends and new.

Newbies, it is possible to live without your DOC. I credit this place right here with giving me the courage to get sober. The people who pay for this space and provide it, the moderators who keep this place going and all the posters who contribute are LIFESAVERS. My life is not perfect and that's okay. I'm alive, I'm still making changes to improve my life and I have hope. Getting ME back makes giving up the booze worth it. You can do it.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

thank you for writing today at this moment it just give me hope to keep going.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad to see you Bam and to hear things are ok for you

D