TGIF, anyone?

Old 08-02-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

TGIF, anyone?

It's been a while since we did that regularly...

What are you doing for yourself this weekend???

Tonight, I'm cooking one of my favorite easy peasy dishes -- pasta with chicken in an alfredo sauce. Always a favorite and ssssssh, nobody tell the kids the sauce is coming out of a can this time!

I think I'll take the kids to see a movie tomorrow (during the cheap showings) and smuggle in some candy (I have no problem doing that when they charge your firstborn for a box of gummy bears). There's also a themed fair downtown that we might go to weather permitting (it's supposed to rain).

The weather's supposed to be better Sunday, so I'm planning to force my offspring to go hiking with me and my man. We'll see how much force I have to apply to get that to happen. Maybe I'll tell them there's wifi on top of the mountain?
Old 08-02-2013, 05:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just watching some tv tonight, will clean house a little tomorrow, then going to my "new" family reunion on sunday, and staying over friends house.

By "new" family reunion, I mean that a whole entire family out here adopted me as one of their own.

TGIF
Old 08-02-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am solo tomorrow. Kettle bell class in the morning and dinner at a great restaurant with my best high school girlfriend who is visiting from the opposite coast.
Sunday, the boys and I will test out the new tent in preparation for camping next week. Yay.

MamaKit
Old 08-02-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Watching my niece & nephew tonight and taking her to her school's Open House tomorrow. (my sister is a single mom but working) My nephew is not quite 2 & really getting to be a lot of fun with his speech, imitations & growing independence.

DD & DN are doing mani/ pedis and watching old Disney flicks right now, I'm deciding between a good night's sleep or doing a facial. I think a little yoga and bed are going to win.

I have some chores to finish up over the weekend but nothing major, i think I'll work on extra naps and good sleep all weekend.... I've kind of fallen off track with that.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Tomorrow's my birthday and I am going out to dinner with a friend and to see Wicked (lol, the play, not Beth!) in Philadelphia.

Oh, and the last of my tile was just laid today--this weekend the grouting!! I should have "after" pictures soon! LOL, the problem with home improvements is as soon as you make one thing nice you have to fix all the surrounding stuff that looks like crap. I'm now planning to do the backsplash and new (laminate) countertops. Somebody stop me before I go start staring too hard at my bathrooms!!
Old 08-02-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, Lexie!
Old 08-02-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I for sure am not going to stop you Lexie. You go girl, and Happy Birthday.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Not that I wouldn't WANT to see Beth on my birthday...
Old 08-02-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm going to a friend's bbq tomorrow and then to my Saturday night Alanon meeting. Sunday I'm going to a show and want to try to get some hiking in too. Looking forward to a nice weekend.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Going for a long run in the morning. Study for an exam that afternoon. Open water swim Sunday morning, sushi with friends Sunday night. A good weekend

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEXIE !!!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, Lexie! And Happy Family Day, Amy!!! That's great that you've been adopted - I keep trying to get my boss to adopt me (he's a classically trained chef) but no dice!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Just got back from Beginner's kayak lessons, on a mirror smooth Swan River. Tomorrow I'm planting the little native plants I got at the nursery last weekend. I try to buy Australian plants because they tend to be water misers and some don't mind gutless alkaline sand.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Lexie, you will LOVE Wicked. LOVE. I wish I could see it again. So clever, so fun.

I am moving on Monday. My children are away and I am slowly but surely packing us up. I am enjoying some peace and quiet and leisurely filling the boxes. And throwing out a lot of old, worn-out stuff. It feels really good.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I'm hoping to get to the farmer's market tomorrow, and then come home and clean up the house a bit. However, being that I was just in the ER for super low platelets and hemoglobin, I may sleep instead.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm sorry grits... Take care of yourself, OK?
Old 08-02-2013, 11:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well, tonight I had an awesome meeting and then came home and my neighbor brought her two dogs over to play and swim. They were here until 11!

Saturday we have no major plans: maybe a movie and a few projects around the house. Sunday will be church and then I am meeting a neighbor friend for coffee just to catch up and visit before the kids go back to school and our schedules get crazy again!
Old 08-02-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NWGRITS View Post
I'm hoping to get to the farmer's market tomorrow, and then come home and clean up the house a bit. However, being that I was just in the ER for super low platelets and hemoglobin, I may sleep instead.
I'd probably pass on the house cleaning for a bit, but the farmer's market sounds nice. Take care of yourself. I know how exhausting it is to have low hemoglobin levels. Hugs!
Old 08-03-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Today I have to go into work to catch up, and then I'm going to one of my favorite townie festivals. Plans for lunch at a new neighbor who I'm befriending.

On the darker side, my STBXAH will be here shortly to start dividing our stuff. I'm keeping my expectations in check and remembering that this too is temporary.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sending a prayer and wishes for calm and drama-free dividing of stuff, Florence!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Late in getting to this!

Did some weeding this morning, some bills while DS napped. Then we went for a bike ride after nap. Now I'm doing work from home. Yuck.

Tomorrow is church, and then heading to the Dublin Irish Fest after he awakes from his nap. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous tomorrow.

Thanks, LilAmy for doing this "TGIF" thing. I picked it for awhile, and then dropped the ball.

COD