Notices

Here comes the weekend...

Old 08-02-2013, 03:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Here comes the weekend...

I'm on day 8 and really happy about it! I'm still feeling rested. I'm appreciating that I don't feel like I'm in a daze, paranoid, anxious and having all those nasty physical side effects. Yesterday the end of my work day was a bit stressful and I really wanted to drink but I drove straight home and did not stop to get booze. The weekend will be a challenge only because I think about drinking every hour and any one emotion can prompt this urge. However, I plan on staying strong and finding fun and restful things to keep me occupied. I'm glad it's Friday! One day at a time
Old 08-02-2013, 03:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Kayla congratulations on your 8 days! You sound like you're still strong and focussed. What you said about the stressful day at work made me thing of when I was at about your stage and I had a real struggle to drive past the bottle shop, but I'm so glad I did. Now well over a year sober I sometimes still have that urge, but I also have all the tools I need to easily ignore it. Have a great weekend.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations and hang on. It was suggested to me in the beginning especially to have non drinking thoughts. Was also told that if I don't pick up the first drink there is no need to get sober again. OMG how profound!
This process is a one day at a time event and those get more wonderful if we let them. BE WELL
Old 08-02-2013, 04:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 8 Kayla! May your weekend be filled with wonderful things than will be better appreciated and experienced with a sober body and mind
Old 08-02-2013, 04:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Kayla,
Congratulations on 8 days. Its great that you went straight home despite feeling stressed. You are stronger than you realize. Nice to see that you are so focused and positive . Wishing you a safe and relaxing weekend.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Day 8

Keep on , keeping on .

Bestwishes, m
Old 08-02-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 8 days sober! Check in here if you feel tempted.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am on Day 8, too, Kayla! I have had absolutely no urge to drink and drinking has not even crossed my mind. I consider myself fortunate in that regard. However, I am wondering if down the road I will get an urge? Or am I completely over this?
Old 08-02-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend, guys

D
Old 08-02-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Eleni, my thought is if you never get an urge you were not an alcoholic to begin with, I don't know anyone who has never had an urge and was truly addicted. You may just be in the "honeymoon" stage.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I too am on DAY 8. Seems like there are a few of us all at the same level. Weekends are particularly difficult for me because they were my guilt free days for drinking - I would always promise myself that I wouldn't drink Monday to Thursday in my attempts at moderation....then I always felt very guilty when I did. Also weekends are usually social and I associate social with alcohol. So like you, the weekends are going to be very challenging. I know that I am going to have to have a plan in place and be very vigilant and strong. Also, maybe stay away from events where there is alcohol involved for a while to keep temptation at bay.

Anyway, just wanted to say be strong and just take it one day at a time.....we are nearly on double digits!
Old 08-02-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LuLu13 View Post
Eleni, my thought is if you never get an urge you were not an alcoholic to begin with, I don't know anyone who has never had an urge and was truly addicted. You may just be in the "honeymoon" stage.
Oh yes I AM an alcoholic! I drank heavily, daily for 13 years! I NEEDED to have alcohol EVERY day! I went through withdrawal for the first few days, but just because I am not having an urge for alcohol, doesn't mean I am not addicted!