Notices

Dreams and healing with sobriety.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dreams and healing with sobriety.

When I lay down to sleep at night, the moments between sleep and being conscious, I experience this deep rooted pain that I can only describe as abandonment. It hits me like a wave, and I struggle to disregard the feeling as I fall into sleep.

Last night, I did not struggle to keep the feelings away, and I cried. I sobbed into my pillow until sleep overtook my conscious state. I then dreamed of a river and not being able to escape drowning. My husband and I were quickly approaching a cliff where the drop off only lead into death. I woke up startled.

I can only speculate that these wounds from my childhood are not healed, and even though I am an adult, I still feel abandoned. I would like to call my parents and tell them that I need them. There is no one to call though. I am not sure where they are, and they are not what I need. I am healing.

My childlike state of being, stuck between the dream world and reality is hurting.
I am making sure that I do not sink deeper into a depressed state. It has been about a week since I opened up about not feeling "well". I am monitoring the situation. I have drank over this for years. Today, I will sit with it.
Just a little update.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Mizz,
abandonment issues have run deep in me too .

Partly sobriety and partly working on issues to find acceptance and then contentment has got it in good proportion in my life .

These days my brain makes mental notes i look at later for what i was doing and how to do the right thing rather than my emotions which used to be jumping round all over , sometimes still do .

I noticed recently it was true with my recent forray into dating , nothing i couldn't deal with though .
I know how clear thinking you are so i don't doubt that you'll sort it out

You're never alone as long as there is SR and i'm sober

Your distant brother in recovery , m
Old 07-31-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing this with us Mizzuno. We should never keep stuff that we drank over to ourselves. Have you had counselling for this before? Hope you are feeling okay xxx