Notices

My First Serious Attempt at quitting Spice

Old 07-31-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My First Serious Attempt at quitting Spice

Hey everyone, my name's CAL and I have been addicted to spice for almost a year now. I am at the point where spice has ruined me physically, mentally, and finacially. I know that quitting is going to be 100% dependent on me and my efforts. Hopefully posting on this forum when I'm going through the process will give me the support and encouragement I need to quit.

I currently smoke about 1G of Armageddon a day, that's $21.60 a day.

Unfortunetly I have a job that pays me the 1st and 15th and I can afford this everyday habit, even though it hurts to think of the thousands of dollars that have flown out the door because of it.

I also smoke a pack of cigarettes a day and have recently got hooked on energy drinks. I find when I'm most sincere about quitting is after I have done a really intense workout. Hopefully this will be what helps me in my attempt to quit. No need to ramble because I'm sure we've all had the same type of symptoms and struggles with withdrawls.

I plan to just keep this thread going and hopefully this journal can help others that find them in a similar situation. Look forward to talking with anyone and appreciate any support given.

Time since last smoke - 9 hrs, 13 mins
Old 07-31-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My partner currently smokes "Bob Marley", which I think is similar to spice. It scares me to death to think about what it's doing to his brain. He doesn't smoke very much every day, but doesn't seem to be able to quit even when he promises himself he won't buy any more. the fact that it's legal amazes me! I would rather he would smoke weed if he is going to smoke anything, but it's 5 times as expensive as spice, plus it's illegal. I'm an alcoholic and recovering right now, but have had some relapses, so we're both kind of a mess right now. He also drinks a 6 pack every night. He says he wants to quit, and I sincerely believe him, but I don't know how to help him.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Irkenwood, congrats on your decision to quit spice. There is a thread in the substance abuse forum about quitting spice. You might find it informative. Welcome to SR!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on quitting. Making that decision is never easy. Posting here is a good step. Yes you are the one who has to make the effort, but it helps to have support and it's ok to ask for help.

I think working out is a great idea. It was really helpful in my early recovery. It made me feel good, and exhausted, and I think it helped me sleep better.

Keep posting, there is a lot of wisdom, experience and support in this forum.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR!
Old 07-31-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR CAL

we have a few spice smokers here...I know you'll find support

D
Old 07-31-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Boy, hearing more and more about this stuff here. Welcome and good on you for making the decision to quit. By the sounds of it Spice can cause some serious damage. Scary how much we don't know about it yet.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and we support your decision to stop smoking spice.