Notices

day 5 sober . . . . feeling horrible

Old 07-30-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 5 sober . . . . feeling horrible

l feel like I should be feeling better on day 5 , but I actually feel worse. I'm taking the meds as prescribed but l am just not feeling right . detox Sucks Seriously . the ativan they gave Me to prevent SeiZures and to help with the anxiety IS making me Super tired . the nurse Said Yesterday I should stop taking it today or tomorrow but that damn addict voice IS Screaming at me LOUD . . I don't Know Why... l had a bad time Coming off xanex before and this Is the Same kind of drug but I'm already In the mindset that it truly is helping me. and I don't want to give it up! good thing I guess that my husband has full Control of my meds Since I am doing An outpatient detox at home. l don't Know what l'm really Saying . I'm just feeling Sad and this all just Sucks but I Know It will get better .

tomorrow IS My Birthday , I'll be 34 ... detox on my birthday 2 years IN a row IS pretty lame
Old 07-30-2013, 10:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
EndGame

Well, you could also have been blacking out, driving drunk and vomiting in the gutter for two straight birthdays.

Ativan can be a depressant, no matter how well it helps with withdrawal. I couldn't have detoxed without Librium, I was so messed up in every way. It helped me to relax, sleep and just zone out. It essentially allowed me to detox with little recognition of the pain I was suffering. After a three-year relapse, my five days in detox were the best days of my life for the three years prior to being admitted.

The longer you stay committed to sobriety, the more likely you are to reap the benefits of living sober. Sadly, too many people bail out before the good stuff.

Try to accept your current condition as a down payment on living a better life. With continued drinking, everything only gets worse.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you can do it...you have meds and keep connected. I slept and slept...it's ok if you can. didn't like getting dressed and watched TV. Take vitamins...I am not a doc but l-glutamine, protein and I take multi B, niacin, magnesium, chromium and zinc and I have my meds.

And I juice beets, carrots and apples. Of course when I want to drink lapse on taking my stuff.. and I needed sugar cuz I didn't have it, have a small boost to help you through cravings

Lots and lots of green tea, etc.

gigi
Old 07-30-2013, 11:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep moving forward jstar - this week or so is such a little time...and soon you'll be feeling ok again

I hope you have a great birthday tomorrow

D
Old 07-30-2013, 11:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank endgame ...I am committed just in a messed up place in my head and I all I could think to do was post here. I've been a ball of tears the past few days and have been to 5 IOP sessions so far. I'm just feeling incredibly lost & I've never felt like this. Not even when I went 30 day inpatient rehab last year I didn't feel like this. just voicing my feelings helps. Thanks for listening
Old 07-30-2013, 11:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Detox on your birthday? At least you're not drinking. You can do this. Have a little faith in yourself.