Notices

I'm new and just need support

Old 07-30-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I'm new and just need support

I've been abusing every type of hydrocodone for about 5 yrs now. Anywhere from 30-50 pills a day. Amazingly I quit 6 days ago and this is really my first coherent day since. Detox was the worst 3 days of my life. I've been feeling marginallybetter every day . But I don't know what is worse, the permanent fog in my head, the horrible body pain, or the anxiety? Not to mention, everything I do I used to do high, so it's a horrible reminder every second. It's funny, I used to think I was a better person when using, but just in these 6 crappy days I realize my life is already better. I'm actually attentive to the emotions and feelings of those around me ( my 8 yr old son who loves me more than anything and my girlfriend of 7 yrs) <------ no clue that I was ever a user. I know I'll make it through this because I love them too much to relapse. But holy crap is it hard!!!!! Moral of the story: I quit; it is soooooooo hard every second of the day; I feel great about the new me; can't wait for the day I wake up and the fog has cleared, the pain is gone, and I have little to no anxiety. Sorry if this is all mashed up. So many things to say. Thanks if you read and/or respond to this.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

No, it's not mashed up. Welcome to SR abetterme! You sound determined to do this & I think it'll really help you to be here. The support & encouragement is amazing. Of course you'll feel strange for awhile - but you are beginning to heal. Be patient and kind to yourself - you're doing great.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family! You'll find lots of support here.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Abetterme2013,
Welcome to SR! I'm only 9 days sober but this forum gives me something to look forward to each day. I can be totally honest and anonymous here and that takes a LOAD off of my chest. I'm very glad to meet you and hang in there...it is worth it!
Old 07-30-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR

I like your name. Becoming a better me is a big part of why I am here. I am sure you will find a lot of knowledge and support here. Glad to have you here.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard! I am only 5 days sober but I practically live on this site all day and most of the night long. It really helps!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome and congrats on 6 days!! The first days are so rough, I think they are a really huge accomplishment.

Just take it one day at a time and know that things will get better.

Focusing on eating well, drinking lots of water and getting a little exercise even if it's just a short walk if you can manage will help you to heal and feel better along the way.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR

D
Old 07-30-2013, 10:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Marty

So glad to see you made it here. My story is very similar to yours. I am also recovering from opiates. It has been the hardest battle of my life. Just know everyone here can help each other in different ways. I am also new to the site but I feel so much better just knowing there is so much support here. Write me anytime. Hopefully we all can help each other.