Still holding it down!!

Old 07-29-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still holding it down!!

Just an update for everyone who thought I was losing my sh*t - I'm GOOD. Still living with my friend and have a meeting with the divorce attorney next Friday! Additionally.... wait for it, wait for it - someone has offered me some part time work helping with administrative work for Oxford Houses.

LIFE IS GOOD!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Awesome news and I hope you will stay strong.
When you feel like wavering just post on SR, we're are good at giving reality checks and pulling up old posts.
You are on your way to a new life and how good and productive it will be is up to you.

Signed: A happily single fellow codie
Old 07-29-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you yoga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Great news! God is really working in your life.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Another example of how things start falling in place when we step out of the way I am happy for you things are improving you have worked really hard and it is paying off.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support and your feedback through this time. It has definitely been a long and hard road, to say the least. I have suffered so bad spiritually, emotionally, and physically these past few years. It's interesting the way you start to deteriorate and you simply lose yourself in the chaos of living with an active addict.

He keeps asking when I'm going to come home, but has not shown any effort to start a recovery program. He's mad because I'm not there, but doesn't seem to understand that it's his actions that are determining the outcome of all this. I'm proceeding with the divorce. I'm not wasting any more time waiting for a change to occur. I'm not seeing one. That's all that matters now. It's not like I WANT to live out of a laundry basket in a friends house with all of my belongings in another house. I find his anger to be ridiculous.

He invited me over last night and I said "No," so he hung up the phone on me. UM, that's not going to get me over there, dumb a$$.

I told him no rehab, no coming back. And I meant it. I'm not going to move back into the house so he can use my car and my energy to get what he wants when he wants it. Eff that.

Hugs and many positive vibrations in everyone's direction! Hope everyone is working their way towards peace.

Love and light,
YG
Old 08-01-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Orange Lily

This makes me so happy to hear. It's funny how our lives seem to make a 180 for the positive once the negative influence is out of our face...! Not going to lie, my life is GREAT now that I'm single and doing my own thing. The universe keeps providing me with nothing but amazing opportunities. I'm absolutely confident things will continue on that trajectory for you, too!