Notices

totally shite at this

Old 07-29-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

totally shite at this

Feel a right fool. In previous posts I've tried my hardest to convince you guys that I'm not an alcoholic; that I merely need to cut down.

I'm beginning to think that the only way I will ever be happy is if I cut alcohol out of my life. Forever.

Just feel a dick
Old 07-29-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well they say one of the things we need to do is be honest with ourselves. Seems like maybe you have gotten there.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When you stop drinking and don't worry about what to call it, your life will get better. I tried to moderate my drinking for years. It did not work for me and I don't know anyone with a drinking problem it has worked for. I am on 3 weeks sober now, and it is a relief. You will find all the love and support you could ask for here. This could be day one for you. Your choice.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The first step is to admit you have a problem and you are powerless over it. Wish you the best of luck on your road to recovery!
Old 07-29-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Huntington, thank you. How have you coped with peer pressure in your passed 3 weeks, or have you not had any? That's a big prob for me. VERY well done by the way, 3 weeks is totally amazing
Old 07-29-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Raspberry View Post
How have you coped with peer pressure in your passed 3 weeks, or have you not had any? That's a big prob for me.
If you truly want to get sober, you will most likely need to eliminate some of the situations that produce the peer pressure, at least for a while. Specifically, you probably need to stop hanging out with people who drink and try and pressure you to drink. It seems crazy now for sure, but most times the people we thought were our real friends were really just our excuses to drink.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Scott. Unfortunately that would mean not hanging out with my Mum, or my sister, or aunts.. I'm from a family of folk with drink problems. As far as I'm aware I think I'm the first to be really pissed of with it and want to be sober.

I'm wondering if maybe I shut myself off from things like facebook would that help.. not tried that before
Old 07-29-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I was going to close my fb, but after 4wks sober I laugh at all the hangover status updates on a Sunday while I'm clear headed
Old 07-29-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Don't be so hard on yourself raspberry. Whether you are an alcoholic or not, you are first and foremost a human being. Don't judge yourself and don't let yourself feel judged by anyone else. Decide what kind of life you want and go for it. You may make some mistakes on your journey but hey, that's life! Keep it simple raspberry, good luck
Old 07-29-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Unfortunately that would mean not hanging out with my Mum, or my sister, or aunts.. I'm from a family of folk with drink problems.
Maybe that what you need to do, for a little while, until you feel stronger?

If you're not willing to do that, maybe you need to come clean and explain to them whats been going on and why you need to stay sober?

D