Notices

I need help to recover from fort addiction

Old 07-29-2013, 03:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need help to recover from fort addiction

Hi,

I have joined this forum for my husband. He is in to Fortwin addiction. He injects the Fort in his body. His veins are almost destroyed. doctor could not even find a single one when he needed blood to test. his health and mental condition is deteriorating. he has been zero attentive. this is a tough time for him and us as unitedly. His addiction has made him a laid back person. i cannot see him in the pain any more. pl i need the help if anyone can help me to make him recover.

Pl help me. I need help before it gets too late.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

First off, you cannot make him recover. He has to want that for himself. Second, get some support for yourself as it seems like you need some.

We have a forum just for friends and family of substance abusers. Give it a look.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dismember

Hi foryou,

How far have you looked into the possibility of in-patient treatment? Like at a rehab center? I believe SR has some resources on its main page.

If he has both medical and addictive issues such a place might be able to address both at once.

I would also encourage you to consider going to Nar-Anon or using our Friends & Family forum too. I can hear it coming through that you've got a deep concern for him, which is beautiful to be sure, but I think it's also important that you get the support you need. A care-giver needs to be healthy themselves; make sure you feel well-supported too.

You and your husband will be in my prayers this morning.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello Isaiah & Least,

thanks for the suggestions. We have tried putting my husband in rehab but the day we took him back home the minute we reached, he went out and took a push. we had a big fight. we have AA meetings being conducted in our city not any NA meetings. I understood, i should not give him pressure at all. I do try but we are in a joint family and if he anyways ends up being in some or the other pressure. day before yesterday, he again had to take the push, his eyes were red, he wasnt able to talk. The major difficulty is, he never shares he has a craving, he doesnt talk to AA ppl or try to win over the cravings.

Is there any way to take sponsor? i think he has lost trust in all so he cannot be open about his cravings.