Notices

life after attending AA meetings

Old 07-29-2013, 12:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

life after attending AA meetings

Dear Friends,
My name is Rajesh I am an alcoholic
Friends my drinking cycle morning dress up well step out of the house for work but never reached to the workplace reached the liquor shop on the way and spent the whole day until boozed blackout stage.
After heavy drinking my target was the shopkeepers and road passers on the way.
When I would reach home I would start vomiting and put my face in it and sleep and would wake up after 5 /6 hrs after the effect of drinks got less after withdrawls .
Next morning the same cycle starts for new day wake up see my self in the mirror and feel self pity and repent on my condition after consuming drinking and think of stopping drinking from today but after feeling better would start with the same drinks.
There was no way out of the situation Alcohol was the only solution to my problems, because when I tried to be away and stayed away from alcohol my wife's behaviour was very evil towards me she is always grumbling for small issues like using the toilet for natures calle the basic neccesities .
But after drinking continued for many years I got the message of AA and attended the meetings in the meeting rooms I found love and sympathy an alcoholic expected from a human being I was totally on my knees I started a new life attending the meetings regularly they told me to attend attend initially 90 days 90 meetings now the I am willing to attend the AA meetings but the financial difficulty came no money to travel to the AA meetings one problem other difficulty HALT programme suggest H-dont be hungry A-if hungry would get angry and go and drink L-dont be lonely T-tiredness if working take some rest dont work for hours and hours.
Now in India we if jobless dont recieve any help from government to meet our ends asked for help to all my friends but nobody helped me.
Now tried to recover some what find a job as soon as possible to keep my mind engaged to have food ,travel to the meetings etc but the chair persons told me in the meetings suggested me to attend 90 days 90 meetings because they say the need craving and obssesion towards alcohol would be lifted in 90 days and new blood and brain cells would dev May elop and really I stared AA meetings on 19May2013 and there is a lot of change I dont need a drink now I can think good trying to find a job now but now not getting a job now I am totally financally broken no money but I have gained myself and hope I will standing up again one day recovered with soberity and god will bless me now started reading Bible daily and found resemblance in the 12 step programme and following the path.
Thanks to AA Thankyou my Lord.

Rajesh

Last edited by Dee74; 07-29-2013 at 12:44 AM. Reason: edit phone number
Old 07-29-2013, 12:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Rajesh - and congratulations

D
Old 07-29-2013, 03:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the site!
Old 07-29-2013, 04:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep going it does get better. BE WELL
Old 07-29-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA member

Welcome to SR Rajesh.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No half measures

Wonderful.story and welcome
Old 07-29-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to our community!!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dismember

Thanks Rajesh. Welcome!

I hope your sobriety and the blessings keep growing for you.