two weeks. two deaths.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

two weeks. two deaths.

June 7th, 2013 my best friend died of a heroine overdose. June 18th, 2013 my mother passed away of an alcohol and fentanyl related overdose (alcoholic).

Both my best friends. Talked to my mom every single day. She was supposed to get better. My best friend who died.. I didn't know he was experimenting with heroine, but I knew he was an addict. This wasn't supposed to kill either of them. Especially not two weeks apart. Just kills me. I will never be the same.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear this. May they rest in peace. Thinking of you and sending prayers to all the people who loved them.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'm so very sorry. I can't even imagine what the past few weeks have been like for you.

Hugs and prayers,
Old 07-28-2013, 10:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh, big ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) to you, letuslove (beautiful user name). I'm so sorry for your losses and grief. I am sending thoughts and prayers of strength, comfort, and hope to you and to all of their loved ones. I know everyone has their own way of grieving and seeking comfort...if it would help you to talk about it here, I hope you will do so.

Take good, kind, loving care of yourself.

Peace.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. What a terrible loss for you. I hope you have someone you can lean on right now
Old 07-28-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Old 07-28-2013, 11:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sending you love and light. I am so sorry for your losses. I hope you have loved ones near you. I'll be thinking about you.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

What an incredible loss!!! I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend and about your Mom. I, too, hope you have some real-life support of family and friends! Sending hugs and prayers to you, your friends and the rest of your family.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So so sorry you are going through this. I remember when my mum died the grief was just awful and i could hardly breathe.

It took about a year for me during which time I talked as much to those who understood - even if it was just a few words a day. I read a good book on bereavement and spent an afternoon with my siblings every sunday for months - even if it was just one sibling.

Eventually i started to feel normal again and now I can't believe that I recovered. But we do and you will too.

I still have the odd thought when I think - oh I must tell my mum this or that and then remember shes's not here anymore.

What helped me a lot also was reading about the universe and how we were such a tiny part of it. I don't know why but it really did.

I wish I'd been able to help my mum more - her death could have been prevented but I was powerless only she could control herself, not me. not any of us.

Her death was sudden, she committed suicide and there was a lot of denial and shame round that from some. But others of us were open about it - my sister ran a marathon to help raise money and awareness for suicide prevention, I was very proud of her.

I learnt a lot from my mum and I use a lot of her advice every day. Her death also made me determined to not make the same mistakes and that was the enduring thought during really low times with AH.

You will feel better, trust me and ((((hugss))))
Old 07-29-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am so so very sorry. I can't even imagine the hurt you are experiencing. I'll be praying for you. I hope time will heal.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So sorry for your loss letuslove. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sorry so much for your loss. I'm sending my hugs and prayers out to you.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

So sorry for your losses. Sending hugs and wishing you and your family strength.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh, my. I, too, am a Motherless Daughter. We are never so grown up that we don't need our mom. As someone said, time has eased my broken heart, but I'll never forget. I still talked to my mom, long after she passed, and I believe that she heard me, and that helped. (((LetUsLove)))
My mother's death inspired me to pursue a new career, to honor her, and to help people. I do, and I have. Can you look for something to throw yourself into, to honor your mother? Wouldn't it be beautiful if the world was STILL becoming a better place, because of her? Warmest thoughts to you....
Old 07-29-2013, 09:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Letuslove, that is a huge amount of loss you are dealing with. I lost my Father, my Uncle and my Aunt in a three week period, all to alcohol. I too felt I would never be the same. I know what you are feeling must be huge. I have no words to change any of this, or to magically remove your pain. What I can do is listen, just like everybody else here on SR can listen. We are all here for you.

Mike
Old 07-29-2013, 09:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am so sorry..
Old 07-29-2013, 09:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Much love and hugs to you . Xx