Maddening: he keeps writing as if NC will just blow over!

Old 07-27-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Maddening: he keeps writing as if NC will just blow over!

So this has really surprised me, maybe it shouldn't. I'm over a month into NC now after breaking up with my exABF and he has written a few times in a way that makes me think he thinks NC will just blow over. Like my concerns were just a huff or something and I'll straighten up and fly right, come to my senses. I got this one (that he wrote at 2:45 am):

[sadie] I would like you to be my date ...on a lovely summer's night ... bring your girl and we'll ride the Ferris Wheel on a fresh summer night.
Hey .. you forced stuff a little hard but ...i miss you. [his name]

I forced things a little hard ... That has me almost laughing and also just SAD for him that he'd minimize drinking himself to death so easily.

Not going to answer, just flabbergasted really. I guess I shouldn't be, this is normal denial? So out of touch with reality, as if we could possibly ever have that lovely summer night he imagined, or that I'd possibly ever involve my daughter.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He could have been drunk when he wrote it. My ex did that. I could tell when he was drunk because he was either overly romantic and loving, or mean and looking for a fight.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ha, Dreams, there's no doubt about it he was drunk!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry, pushed send too early.

Don't get caught up in the sentimental crap. What he is really doing under his sweet words is disrespecting you. He's not taking your boundary or you seriously.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Assuming he was drunk, and I agree with you, he was, his words mean nothing. They are just an annoyance and something that undermines your healing.

You could block his number..
Old 07-27-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

If you are still reading his messages, you haven't truly gone no contact. He still has a way to get to you. If you really mean to have no contact with him, block all communication devices and avoid him like the plague.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This sounds exactly like my ex. In between abusive, taunting emails calling me a miserable witch, he writes and asks me on trips or to go to the movies and hold hands....two years after divorce, he wants the two us to date

For a long time I just kept telling him "no, never, stop it now" and recently figured out that he may never stop, but I need to ignore him for my own sanity.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Suki -- you're right. This was email and I hadn't gotten an email from him for some time, and it came up in my inbox and surprised me. Is there a way to block emails?

Yah I know it's just his way to try to pretend his drinking is no big deal. Such incredible denial.

It isn't upsetting me or getting to me in a deep way, I don't feel triggered or sad. More than anything I'm dumbfounded that his own awareness is so limited.

I'm not going to give this more energy. It's sad for him but it isn't my problem anymore. I don't mean that callously, I wish him the best. But I'm aimed forward.

Thanks everyone.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My ex did this to me as well, the endless sweet nothings as if my boundaries were meaningless. SO disrespectful of me even though I'd make it perfectly clear to him that I did not want him contacting me. Of course, part of me still wanted to hear the sweet nothings even though they were nothings.

If you have a ***** account go into the message, click the "down" arrow, and say "Filter messages like this." You can then select if you want the message to go automatically into the Archive, skipping the inbox or just delete it straightaway so you never see it. I was not strong enough to say "delete" personally. Good luck to you.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sadielady View Post
S It's sad for him but it isn't my problem anymore. I don't mean that callously,
It is never callous to leave a situation that is toxic for you; to run like hell and not look back. You are doing the right thing. Keep on keepin' on!
~T
Old 07-27-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Search for "filter" in your email application. No contact is up to you to implement, not him.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yeah, I'd filter him out and stop reading, too.

My experience started similarly and went very toxic very fast. From emails like that one to (when i didn't respond) "in God's eyes you will always be my wife and I will always have a right to you, wherever you are and however much time has passed" which made it super creepy and stalkerish.

Of course Inbetween I also got the "you are an evil wench" stuff but that was easier to handle be cause it was only angry, not insane.