Notices

Nervous, lookin' @ a place to "live"

Old 07-27-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nervous, lookin' @ a place to "live"

So I got something set up @ 12:30 today. Very nervous & scared. Good thing is my ex is driving me. Bad news is I hate people @ want a drink so bad :-(
Old 07-27-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dismember

I think this would be a good time to start putting your head anywhere but toward a bottle. Stating the obvious, I know, but thinking about drinking's doing nothing to make an already nerve-inducing situation better; you can't get drunk because showing up tipsy's likely going to cost you this place.

So how about some positive thinking? I think sometimes in these situations you have to push yourself to do that, even if your drive isn't to feel positive at all. Think rainbows even if it feels like you're lying to yourself, eventually you start to cave in little by little.

What're your positive distractions? Music? Building things? Exercise? Or hanging around Sober Recovery for a while until it's time to go. One of the things my old therapist would have me do in these kinds of situations is to force a real pros v. cons decision: you don't like people, but you also want a place to live. Could you like people enough today in order to get the other thing you want, a home...

Best of luck on your house-hunt today. I'm actually doing the opposite this weekend and trying to get a spot filled, and I know how stressful that is.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck, August! I know how tough it is to find a place in the Boston area...Malden, Revere and East Boston are on the T and not too expensive if you can find the right place. Hope this one works out though and you're done with this.

June
Old 07-27-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes AW

D