Notices

Going to first AA meeting

Old 07-26-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going to first AA meeting

I have to admit that I need interaction... It is Friday and all the people I know are from bars and hang out drinking.. My mind is telling me to go join them and not drink, I know it won't work. Sooo I am taking my self to a first meeting tonight to get more help to stay on track... I am counting the minutes until 7:15 because I am so tempted to go somewhere else. I just hope and pray that I will walk out of this meeting stronger and come home to relax and another sober day... I admit I feel good but I am weakened at this minute .. Thanks to SR and people here I am sticking with this because we share here and it helps so much...

Thanks
Old 07-26-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to hear it Silvy.
May seem a bit weird at first; don't worry about that!
Wish I'd stayed 19 years ago......

Now I'm back with a vengeance.
Lets know how it went!
Old 07-26-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Silvy, I recently relapsed and today will be the first meeting since the relapse and I'm feeling a bit nervous about it. But what I've found in the past is that sometimes the meetings you don't want to go to are the best ones! Even if I didn't want to go, I forced myself to and I felt WAY better once I was there. Stay strong! Were in this together!
Old 07-26-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tellnotales View Post
Hey Silvy, I recently relapsed and today will be the first meeting since the relapse and I'm feeling a bit nervous about it. But what I've found in the past is that sometimes the meetings you don't want to go to are the best ones! Even if I didn't want to go, I forced myself to and I felt WAY better once I was there. Stay strong! Were in this together!
That's the spirit! Stick with the strength!
Old 07-26-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi. I bounced around AA unfortunately for about 2 years and heard some things I needed and thought I was getting nothing out of them. I must have heard KEEP COMING and fortunately I did and heard what I needed which back then was a lot of "don't drink and go to meetingS." It stuck because after 30 years I still am. BE WELL
Old 07-26-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you enjoy your first meeting.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi silvy good for you.
For me they are always up lifting in spirit. I'm still early in my sobriety that a Friday or Saturday I have to go at least to one ( I only have 76 day )
Old 07-26-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good luck silvy , I'm sure u will be warmly welcomed and remember everyone walked in there for their first meeting, we all know how it feels. I'm sure it will be a positive move for you,
Peace
Old 07-26-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

I totally remember my first AA meeting. I was so scared. They were so nice. I listened to the shares and picked the healthiest sounding woman to sponsor me a couple meetings later. It was a great thing!
Old 07-26-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I heard a lot of shares tonight and it definitely helped and they were very nice to me, this lady Karen gave me a book with phone numbers of other ladies to call and went over a few meetings in the area. I didn't share, just listened and truthfully I had tears in my eyes. Hearing the shares showed me that god really loves me and saved me from my next drink.... I was totally supposed to be there.. Going tomorrow again and Sunday.... A lot of these people lost everything, hit bottom and recovered... I am not at the bottom I caught it in time before a DUI or losing my job.. It was an eye opener for sure... I am not going to do this alone.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

so glad for you that enjoy it.
keep it up.