Notices

Here Goes Nothing!

Old 07-24-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here Goes Nothing!

I have been lurking the boards off and on for some time now. I made it official by finally registering with SR yesterday. My presence here serves a dual purpose. I am currently married to a loving, well meaning, sensitive, AH. He admitted himself to a 5 day detox unit last week (for the second time, with the first time being in April of 2011. He was released this past Sunday). He entered a treatment program after his first detox, and completed it successfully. But as I've come to realize, there are all too often subsequent relapses...and this story is ours. So here I find myself with you wonderful, insightful people, to get some perspective and support. There is a great deal of comfort knowing he and I are not alone in our struggles. I feel that I could benefit from avoiding alcohol as well. Much fun has been had over drinks in the past- but if I'm being absolutely truthful, drama, hangovers, regret, guilt, etc. have been the more prevalent themes as a result of our many juvenile party times. So not only am I seeking to reinforce my own sobriety (for my own reasons, but to also support my husband) but to better understand my husband's addiction, and how it has poisoned us over the past several years. I'm awed as I sift through the posts in the friends and family area- so many of them could have been written by myself verbatim!! I feel I'm in good company here.....Thanks for taking the time if you have read this far!
Old 07-24-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome SpringsEternal - glad you're came out of lurking mode :-)
Old 07-24-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Springs! As I'm sure you've discovered, this is an incredibly supportive place. It's amazing that people from all over the world come here and yet we have such unified support.

Keep reading and posting - there's a lot of support and information!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for your welcome. I have spent a couple days reading and participating here and there. And I should mention that my AH has also made a profile and is getting what he can from SR. This makes me hopeful. More so than I have been for some time. I've felt vulnerable, and bleak at times waiting for something terrible to happen as result of his drinking. It's exhausting, as I'm sure many will attest to, trying to keep things normal, and as 'tidy' as possible for our family. I woke up with him beside me this morning, both of us merely a week into this journey. With clear and sound minds we woke up and headed to the kitchen for our coffee and logged on. I know it's early, but I will take it for what it is. Happy Thursday to you all! :-) :-)
Old 07-25-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome! Your husband and yourself will find so much support here!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Recovery is a team sport in my eyes : ) Glad you're here.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Welcome to you and your husband, SpringsEternal! It's great that you have one another for support and have found this place too. Here's to the start of your new sober life together. :-)
Old 07-25-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR SpringsEternal

D
Old 07-25-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
Recovery is a team sport
Quote of the year IMHO.

Welcome, welcome, welcome. You're in good company here. Tons of experience, knowledge, and support. I think if this site wasn't here I'd still be drinking/using.

Thank you for your post, and keep posting!
Old 07-25-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I'm glad you decided to post.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

*****!! Second Friday night has come and gone with out booze!! I'm presently sitting here waiting for my coffee to finish brewing thinking of how many times I've greeted Saturday morning feeling like absolute C R A P where a little of the 'hair of the dog' seemed more attractive than a good ol' cuppa joe. I was woken at 3 am or so by a house full of raucous partiers across the back alley at around 3 am...all the lights on, music in the background (our bedroom is on the back of the house). I let the dog out and stood on the deck and couldn't make out what they were saying, but the loud drunken banter of the wee hours was all too familiar. At that moment, that small slice of time, I felt absolutely at peace and hugely thankful for my quiet cozy sober home. Day by day, though, my friends. I have no allusions that this is a slippery slope. I walked back to the bedroom and opened the door to a room that was void of loud, booze induced snores from my AH, and without that sickly stench of alcohol oozing out of a sleeping body. It was a grand thing. Happy Saturday to you all, and many sober Saturdays to come!!
Old 07-27-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going springs

D
Old 07-27-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome SpringsEternal. It's so good you've taken a look at what alcohol was doing to your life. I wish I hadn't wasted so many precious years. You can do this - you do not need that poison.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Best of luck to you & yours too my friends from the north.