Notices

So Scary

Old 07-24-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So Scary

I know dreams and insomnia are part of the whole detox getting sober thing but wow. My daughter is a 24 year old police officer. I just had a dream that for some reason I was shadowing her at work, I was in my car behind her squad. We were going to a call at a high rate of speed in the dark of night when we approached a curve. There were two ambulances parked on the shoulder, all of a sudden my daughter swerved off the road and bam, right in to the ambulances. The sounds were so real as was the imagery. I saw her car flip and then it was out of sight. Of course, I go running up to the accident and there are paramedics standing next to her squad, which is upside down in a creek. The paramedic is screaming "she's gone, don't let the mother down here! She's gone." I just screamed my daughter's name and collapsed. I can see every detail, the guardrail she went through, the ambulances, the faces of the paramedics. The drunk who they were treating and was screaming he was glad a cop was dead. I am still upset, I may never sleep again.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's certainly frightening. I would say try to relax, maybe watch some funny T.V. show or something light-hearted and a cup of decaf tea before bed. I find it easier to sleep when the blood pressure is in check.