Notices

CoDependent Auntie! Learning!

Old 07-23-2013, 09:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

CoDependent Auntie! Learning!

I was looking for information on drug rehabs in Texas when I found this site. I am so happy to find a place that I can talk and learn about my own codependency. I have long been a reader of Melanie Beattie and Co Dependent No More and The Language of Letting Go...yet I continue to struggle turning lose of my niece and her active life of addiction. I recommend everyone in the world buy a copy of The Language of Letting Go by Melanie Beattie. You will find this book very useful.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I read before I joined...a person was looking for a working ranch rehab for a wealthy cousin...a heroin addict...I believe. I can't find the post now. I wanted to volunteer this information:
Cenikor Foundation, is a residential long term program in Fort Worth, Texas. I had a family member go to this program for a while (did not complete). I observed this program to be about 12 to 18 month residential program that isn't easy...it is a confined facility but you don't have to be court ordered to go there. The work on behavior modification and the day to day changes that one must make to live in the real world and maintain sobriety. I like this program and what I know about it because it offers a work program where the client is sent out after a few months to a job...comes back to facility during the evening...and client is taught money management and work and real life schedule management...just living skills. There is a way to enter this program with no or very little money...I don't have that information, but this could be a good program for your addict. I have met two other people that have completed the long term program and they say it is a tough program...but they finally changed their bad attitudes and got with the overall program, learned to put work in there schedule and are sober. They say you have to really want to get sober to do this program...but that it works. Just FYI. Cenikor Foundation | Substance Abuse Treatment Centers. I haven't made 15 posts to this forum, so I can't post the link to Cenikor. It is a .org link on the web. I am the codependent relative of a 30 year old meth addict.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ongoing info for the person looking for a working ranch or labor intensive farm rehab environment for her wealthy cousin...there is a working ranch rehab outside of Kaufman, Texas, east and south of Dallas, Texas. A counselor friend has indicated this is an excellent program, with a working program on the ranch facility there. I checked on it once for a friend...it is a high cost facility, but as I have heard, a successful long term residential facility...I believe it may be men only.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The facility is called Burning Tree and is located in Kaufman, Texas, about 20 miles or so southeast of Dallas, Texas. I believe I called information for the 903 or 972 area code for the east Dallas area and got the telephone number. Good luck friends!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Hi ... welcome!