Notices

Day 3

Old 07-23-2013, 12:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Day 3 and so far so good. This is my first day back in the office since quitting and I feel really depressed about it. I find work such a chore at the moment and was drowning my sorrows every night. I have a great job though and at 35 years old I should be spritely out of bed every morning. I suspect the dreaded booze had me in a vicious circle and was the route cause of feeling crappy. However on day 3 I still feel shattered and unmotivated. How long did it take everyone else to start to get that energy that folks on here rave about?
Old 07-23-2013, 12:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3!

It takes time and to be honest I still get small episodes of fatigue. Not bad but just enough that when I get them I make sure I get extra sleep at night. There is nothing wrong with turning in early.

It was hard for me to work at first but as more days went on it got easier. I had a clear head so it I did not seem so dragged down by work. Get yourself some hard candy or chocolate. It helps. Alcohol had a lot of sugar in it and my body craved it. It gave me the boost I needed.

Take it easy and take it one day at a time.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, Im day ten and Im just starting to feel good. Not sleeping every night, but when I do I feel like a million bucks the next day. It is really really worth it. My family says Im much nicer and less emotional. Win win.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am day three and cannot believe you are able to work, I am still dealing with the withdrawal symptoms. Good for you!
Old 07-23-2013, 01:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
instant

My moods were all over the place for a good while. Getting over it all takes time. Ot does get better, hang in there, the first week is the worst.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

A lot longer then 3 days !!!!!

My moods were likea rollercoaster ride .... high and low

Just focus on your recovery ATM

Rest when you can ... remove what stressors you are able to.

I was in a mental fog for a little under a month.

My motivation at work was zip .... it is just returning now.

Be kind to yourself .. be patient ... things get better
Old 07-23-2013, 03:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Originally Posted by yoohoo View Post
Hi, Im day ten and Im just starting to feel good. Not sleeping every night, but when I do I feel like a million bucks the next day. It is really really worth it. My family says Im much nicer and less emotional. Win win.
I'm on day 15 and also started to have a bit more energy and motivation around day 10.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maybebabey View Post
Day 3 and so far so good. This is my first day back in the office since quitting and I feel really depressed about it. I find work such a chore at the moment and was drowning my sorrows every night. I have a great job though and at 35 years old I should be spritely out of bed every morning. I suspect the dreaded booze had me in a vicious circle and was the route cause of feeling crappy. However on day 3 I still feel shattered and unmotivated. How long did it take everyone else to start to get that energy that folks on here rave about?

Hey....you know you've done a brave thing. You've admitted you have a problem and you're taking action! Bravo! Taking action is a must everyday. Get yourself centered before you get up and get going. If you're like me, I can get my mind wrapped up in my day easily, imagining scenarios, my retaliation against others and many worse case scenarios. And that still makes me want to lie in bed and not do anything. My mental energy is drained. I'm at 104 days.

So I read a devotional. The 24 Hours a day and a few others. Takes a few minutes but I don't get up until that's done and I've thought on and prayed a little for Gods guidance.

Hey we all have crummy days. Life is going to happen. Yes you can feel crappy physically and emotionally and still remain sober and clean! I also listen to songs--playlists on my iPod while driving into work or whatever--that have songs I can relate to recovery. So many have journeyed here before us. Draw strength from them.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, appreciate it!

Just realised today that i have a drinking buddy visiting this weekend which I had forgotten all about. Usually we get tanked together. I have not told them I am on the Wagon. Bit worried about their reaction and that they will try and talk me out of it. They have always been a good friend and its not always about alcohol, so I don't want to just cut them off without trying! But I have between now and Friday to develop a good strategy. Where as with most people I am playing down the seriousness and making like this is a health kick/weird social experiment, but with her i might just tell it straight and say how serious things have got in recent years and that I want off the booze bus......
Old 07-23-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I still have one friend who consistently invites me over for beers despite him knowing about my recovery. I'm not sure if he's serious or not. May see him this week as well---will let you know what strategies work.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Originally Posted by maybebabey View Post
Thanks everyone, appreciate it!

Just realised today that i have a drinking buddy visiting this weekend which I had forgotten all about. Usually we get tanked together. I have not told them I am on the Wagon. Bit worried about their reaction and that they will try and talk me out of it. They have always been a good friend and its not always about alcohol, so I don't want to just cut them off without trying! But I have between now and Friday to develop a good strategy. Where as with most people I am playing down the seriousness and making like this is a health kick/weird social experiment, but with her i might just tell it straight and say how serious things have got in recent years and that I want off the booze bus......
Sounds like a good plan. Keeping it simple, honest and not too contrived while leaving no room for doubt or misinterpretation.