Notices

Going to my first meeting tomorrow...

Old 07-22-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

Going to my first meeting tomorrow...

And I already have a mentor who is close to my age who will be there for me. She's been through the same thing as me, has been sober for over a year now, and the local AA group here connected me with her on the same day I asked for help through an email.

This tells me.... people really do care about you and support your choice to recover.

Wow.

I had another slip the other night around my boyfriend. Our relationship is hanging by a thread now. He's very supportive, and with me every step of the way on my road to recovery... but now, I feel I don't want his support right now. I want to keep what I am doing to myself and have the support of those who are actually going through this, or have gone through this. It's insane, but I always want to tell him what is going on through my head. How come it switched so quickly that I want to do this without him?

Because I actually do. Maybe I will ask that in my first meeting tomorrow. I read that separating yourself from your significant other is called, "the healing process." Is that true? Even though I love him so much, I really do want to do this for myself and my health, and therefore I need to do it alone (meaning with others who have been in this situation.)

Thoughts? Is this normal?
Old 07-22-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Good luck with that meeting zanaB ,

The AA'ers on here seem a nice bunch who are encouraging , i don't see whay that would be any different face to face Seems to me if you don't like the first one go to a few different ones to get the "lay of the land" .

BHestwishes, m