Notices

Stressing\Bugging\Planning

Old 07-22-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Stressing\Bugging\Planning

Seems today things just hit me harder then I thought they would when I think I have a place for Sept. 1st The thought of moving has terrified me since I was told I have to . & Now it is becoming more of a reality. Losing my Girl\Home\Cats (my only support here) I have been planning beers tomorrow since I am off Tue. & wed. Figuring out how I can keep it from my Ex.\ as well as my Dr. Wed. I have made it 30+ days; WTF can't I make it 2 more till I see my Doc. and get a counselor and something for my pain ... Talk about driving me crazy *sigh*
Old 07-22-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Drinking won't solve anything August - not even that stress and apprehension - it will just make it worse.

Moving is stressful for everyone - it's even more so when you don't really want to but it needs to be done, man.

Can you get an earlier appointment if you explain your fragility?

D
Old 07-22-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

....and how is drinking going to help any of those issues, Auggie?

If it helps, I also moved early in recovery. It was pretty scary, and it really stressed me out. In fact, moving and starting a new job are two of the most stressful activities for humans these days - not just addicts, either. Anyway, I put a good face on the move - it was a place to get a fresh start. This can be a positive thing, a change of scenery is a GOOD thing. A new view out your window and a new view on life. You can do this, and by doing it sober you'll find it will be a really positive experience. We're pulling for you!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A plan for beers isn't beer in hand. If one can plan for beers one can plan for something besides beers. I realize that sometimes relief from our existence is tempting especially during times of stress. A loss of a relationship, moving to a different place, losing other support (I consider cats support), and just a general upheaval, must be horribly stressful. Think about how you're going to feel the morning after you have those beers.

I realize I'm not saying anything you don't already know. We're rooting for you.

Hang in there man.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Night owl

I feel for you. I know from far too much experience how stressful moving is. But now you at least know you have a place which IS one less stress, so that is a positive.

My cats are/have always been my support system, too. They have stuck around when humans have fled. I'm guessing that you aren't leaving them by choice, maybe your new place doesn't allow pets? If that's the case you can get a doctor to sign a form saying that they are therapy animals and are therefore exempt from any no animals policy. It think it's under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Anyway, if that's the case check into getting the form from your doctor. You need your purr and fur therapy!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Drinking won't solve anything August - not even that stress and apprehension - it will just make it worse.

Moving is stressful for everyone - it's even more so when you don't really want to but it needs to be done, man.

Can you get an earlier appointment if you explain your fragility?

D
No; that was the earliest I could get Mainly b\c I forgot to make it last visit .. But it is still 2 days early .. It's just really hard on me; cause you guys have heard how I HATE people well now b\c of $$$ I have to "share" a place and all w\ strangers .. I am so scared and freaked .. I work tonight so that is a good thing I guess ..
Old 07-22-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hate change too - but generally things work out AW - I hope it will for you too

D
Old 07-22-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Night owl

Can you get on a HUD list for housing assistance? I know it can take a long time to get to the top, it took me over a year and that's in a tiny, rural town. But it does allow you to have some more choice over your housing which means you could possibly find a place by yourself. Since money is an issue, I'm guessing you would qualify for it.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lyoness View Post
Can you get on a HUD list for housing assistance? I know it can take a long time to get to the top, it took me over a year and that's in a tiny, rural town. But it does allow you to have some more choice over your housing which means you could possibly find a place by yourself. Since money is an issue, I'm guessing you would qualify for it.
5 year waiting list here Already checked . As for my cats; they are my Ex's as well .. Not to mention I don't wanna take them from there nice cozy House here .. Wouldn't be fair to drag them to a single room and all when they did nothing wrong ..
Old 07-22-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Off to work .. fingers crossed they have the net still on .. Really scared and still planning This blows *sigh*
Old 07-23-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am sober & never went to get any. Just thought I would check in gonna read & cry for a bit will check in later. Thanx guys .
Old 07-23-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Nice work. You'd feel a lot worse if you had to start over tomorrow. Not that it helps to hear that at this moment - sounds like you're in a tough spot. You're not alone, that's for sure. Many of us are right there with you facing similar challenges, myself included. Thank you for staying sober, believe it or not hearing that you did not drink really helps me during my tough times. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

sometimes my recovery is a crawl and the toes of one foot touch the heel of the other as i inch along .
everything you're doing is a long term improvement , stay with it .

m