Notices

Day 4

Old 07-22-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

Hi all,

I have been around these forums for a while mostly just observing and have only posted a few times but now have a few questions I hope you guys can help me out with. I'm currently on day 4 being completely sober after bingeing roughly every second day for about 12 months.. I felt great yesterday but am now feeling kind of foggy and not really able to focus much on anything for too long. Is this a normal thing in early stages? If so, how long did anybody experience this? I know things will differ from person to person but just looking for a bit of perspective.

Thanks
Old 07-22-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Will - welcome

Fogginess was certainly normal for me, and I read about it in a lot of other peoples stories too.

How long it may last is an individual thing I think.

If you're concerned about it, you can always see the Doc

D
Old 07-22-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, I kind of assumed it would be an individual thing but was just looking to see if other people have had the same issue.. I have had no withdrawals or anything and I'm feeling generally well apart from this.. Was there any supplements or dietary changes, anything like that that can assist? Or is it simply just a thing to ride out for the first couple of weeks?
Old 07-22-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Good job WillJ. Hang in there. It continually gets better and easier, but there is a lot of healing that needs to happen. I think people go through a variety of feelings, physically and emotionally for a while. From cravings for sweets, fogginess, headaches, etc. This can go on for a while (for me probably 3 months) but give your body/brain time and be patient. it's worth it.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks veryready I think that's something I can deal with. Beats waking up with the guilt every second day. I can't remember the last time I went 7 days without a drink! Are multivitamins or any particular vitamin helpful at this early point?
Old 07-22-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Will - great job on 4 days!!!

I am facing day 4 tonight and I've been in a haze almost non-stop. Not sure if that's normal - just the way it's been for me.

Good luck and keep it up!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you on the 4, Will. I didn't really worry about vitamins or supplements when I first got sober. What helped me was to just eat what I wanted, at first (& even occasionally now at 2+years) I really noticed that if I allowed myself to get very hungry I craved alcohol. So I just don't let that happen. I'm fortunate to have a fast metabolism even at 45 tho.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job Bob good luck for tonight and the rest of your journey. I know how you're feeling with the haziness right about now!
MsJax I have found the same with being hungry, it does make the cravings tougher to deal with.. I will allow myself to pretty much whatever I want for a little while, guess it will make things easier to deal with if I'm not trying to deprive myself of everything at once.
Thanks for the support guys
Old 07-22-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was just something I rode out Will.

For me it was about a month - but I had a lot of other issues going on too.
I'd hope your experience will be a lot shorter

D