Yet Another Codie Relapse

Old 07-21-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yet Another Codie Relapse

I could kick myself.

I was talking to a friend of mine today. She asked about my second ex and I explained to her what made me finally want to give up on him. I saw a picture of him on FB after almost two months of his "early recovery" and he did not look sober. I realized that I wasn't ready to chance having an everlasting series of relapses. I mean, I know he could recover... but still.

So, I unblocked him so that I could show her the picture. "Wow" was all she could say. She didn't think he looked sober either. All I could say was "I can't wait for him".

That's the logical part of me. The codie in me wants to talk to him. Tell him what I think/feel. Granted, I know better than to do that. For starters, I know he won't respond to any effort on my behalf to reach out (been there, done that). Still, I feel like I didn't end things well on my end (even though he was the one to end things).

There's not really a question in all of this. I'm just having a moment.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

We all have our moments.

I hope you blocked him again, and that you remember how you are feeling right now the next time you are tempted to take a peek at how he looks. No good can come of it.

There IS no way to "end things well" in these situations. Sometimes it's possible in non-alcoholic relationships, but very difficult in alcoholic ones.

Try to let it go.

Oh, and blame it on the moon.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
We all have our moments.

I hope you blocked him again, and that you remember how you are feeling right now the next time you are tempted to take a peek at how he looks. No good can come of it.

There IS no way to "end things well" in these situations. Sometimes it's possible in non-alcoholic relationships, but very difficult in alcoholic ones.

Try to let it go.

Oh, and blame it on the moon.
Facebook won't let you re-block someone for 48 hours. This time Tuesday night, he'll be blocked once more.

I'm dreading work this week. My job is already hard enough, and the full moon only makes it worse! lol