Notices

second chances

Old 07-20-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Huh?

second chances

I am signing up for Arabic this fall. Starts August 19th. I'm always lamenting that I was too drunk and FAILED a class that was always an A class for me. How I could never get into those classes because of registration priorities.

Every time I hear Arabic now, my heart aches and I can't stand myself for how I let myself down. But now I have an opportunity to start anew. The classes have openings. I can stay here through next spring and FINISH a certification in Arabic.

It will be tough, working full time and Arabic requires MORE STUDY TIME than my masters ever did. I don't know what I'll tell my teachers about why I failed. I will have to review every day until August 19th. I will also have to finish my masters final project before August 19th. All while working full time if not more than full time.

But I'm sick of lamenting my past. I'm sick of avoiding being around anything related to Arabic. I have a second chance. If I can get a masters, if I can work 60 hours a week, if I can get & remain sober, I can do ANYTHING.

I'm so happy I'm actually crying.

:''')))
Old 07-20-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I wish you well. It sound like you have the determination and if you maintain your sobriety you could achieve your aims. You will certainly never regret giving it everything you have got. Good luck, and focus on that goal. Shalom ( I hope that is right, so not my language I'm afraid!)
Old 07-20-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm sure you'll be able to fulfill your goals with such a determined attitude as you have.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Like the Nike ad says just do it!!! It sounds lie, you really want to do it ,so,do it..it'll lead to better things ,u sound like a smart person and u seem focused,vent when u need to,we r all he to listen,..keep your head up up don't let anyone steal your cool....
Old 07-20-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes this time around HIA

D