Notices

Failing

Old 07-20-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Failing

Not just me but my liver too.

I joined this forum on Monday with such a positive mind. After a ridiculous week long binge of wine i felt that i could at least last a few weeks without drinking.

I lasted Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday i caved and had wine, Thursday i caved and had wine. Thursday evening i came down with an illness, being sick, diarrhea etc. I thought it was a bug but 2 days later i'm still feeling rough. I have a swollen abdomen. I'm worried that it's my liver pleading with me to stop.

I of course have not drunk anything on Friday or Saturday and feel that this may be the wake up call i needed to slow down. But i'm worried that once i've stopped for a few days and i'm feeling better that i will fall right off the wagon again.
I need help
Old 07-20-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi,
Its a great first step that you are asking for help . You should listen to what your body is telling you and take that as a big warning. I think you should go and see your doctor and be honest about your drinking and whats been going on. They will be able to offer you the necessary treatment and advice you need.

You say this is the wake up call you need to slow down.... it might be better to take this as the wake up call that you need to stop. This is a progressive illness. Lots of useful advice and support here. I hope you feel better.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The problem is i have recently moved abroad and don't really want to go see a doctor in a foreign country. I am going to try my best to stop with the help of people on here and see how i feel in a few weeks. x
Old 07-20-2013, 11:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm certainly no doctor but if you think your liver is swollen - I would think you need to see one.

Hope you're able to get the help you need. whether that be here or elsewhere.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"But i'm worried that once i've stopped for a few days and i'm feeling better that i will fall right off the wagon again.
I need help"

I needed AA for the help it's given millions and learned that if we don't pick up the first drink we don't have to get sober AGAIN!. Do that daily along with self improvement and life can be beautiful for ourselves, if we don't get in the way. I needed to be honest with myself and keep going to meetings. Reading posts here and letting people know how your doing is a good idea that works for many. BE WELL
Old 07-20-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd recommend seeing a doctor. Why can't you see one where you are?
Old 07-20-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you feel you have liver problems you really need to see a Dr ML, foreign climes or not.
if the pain or your concern continues I hope you'll consider it

D