Notices

is this recovering

Old 07-20-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

is this recovering

if this is recovery i think its sh!t, i feel worse than when im drunk, i cant be bothered to do anything i dont like anyone, i cant or dont know how to have a normal conversation
Old 07-20-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

yes, this is recovery.

have you considered AA? those steps help me to deal with life today.

stay strong and stay stopped, it doesn't stay this way!
Old 07-20-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey teardrop the beginning is rough! I know you probably don't want to hear it but you really will feel better soon. Sorry for your struggles. How far along are you? What's your support system and motivation? This community will rally around you I can promise thàt. Write down your struggles it's a freeing experience! You will get so many helpful replies.

Be well
Old 07-20-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi. My 1st thought is to KEEP COMING. Sometimes we react in a manner that shows character we need to work on IF desired. Sometimes the level of pain we have needs to be ratcheted up so that we surrender. Sometimes we can't get it and remain in a life of misery and real pain. It's great to have chances! We make better ones without alcohol in our system because that often thinks for us. BE WELL
Old 07-20-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

im seriously thinking of giving in and going to the shop and getting a big box of beers,

no im not going to aa been there it doesnt work for me

i been through the steps with 3 different people and none of it works

last one claimed he was sober, but smoked joints every day, and drank alcohol free beer, and my step 9 nearly landed me in jail.

to me thats a load of bull, praying and nearly ending up inside because i say sorry to someone i stole from, stole so i could get money for my addiction
Old 07-20-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

How long have you been sober teardrop?

Early recovery is a roller coaster of emotions. I was tired too, lacking in energy and lethargic. We put our bodies through a lot when we were drinking, they don't just bounce back into shape. I isolated too.

Give it time. Physically and mentally we take time to heal. Be gentle with yourself. Do something you enjoy every day, something simple.

Have you got any other support available to you in addition to SR?x
Old 07-20-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

"no im not going to aa been there it doesnt work for me"

Perhaps a slight correction "it works IF we work it." Remember no one is perfect and perhaps your guidance left some more to be desired and perhaps it's time to start over, there's no huge rush except step 1. KEEP COMING. BE WELL
Old 07-20-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
How long have you been sober teardrop?

Early recovery is a roller coaster of emotions. I was tired too, lacking in energy and lethargic. We put our bodies through a lot when we were drinking, they don't just bounce back into shape. I isolated too.

Give it time. Physically and mentally we take time to heal. Be gentle with yourself. Do something you enjoy every day, something simple.

Have you got any other support available to you in addition to SR?x
i dont enjoy anything everything is sh!t

i dont consider myself sober either, i would say dry drunk

but i havnt had a drink since 15th may this year
Old 07-20-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by visch1 View Post
"no im not going to aa been there it doesnt work for me"

Perhaps a slight correction "it works IF we work it." Remember no one is perfect and perhaps your guidance left some more to be desired and perhaps it's time to start over, there's no huge rush except step 1. KEEP COMING. BE WELL
part of working its praying and i arnt doing that so it doesnt work for me
Old 07-20-2013, 04:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

How long have you been sober this time around? This will take some time.

In your step 9 apology, you didn't do it right. An apology != an amends. We are told to make direct amends wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others. The direct amends would be to pay back the money, which it doesn't sound like you did. Had you done that I am betting the situation would've turned out better.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

teardrop, all kinds of info on programs that don't have anything to do with prayer have been offered to you in your other thread. Please check them out and let us know what you think.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Teardrop - this is early recovery - it's always going to be rough, for everyone....but it doesn't stay like this - it gets better

Noone would be here if it didn't.

Use all the support and help you have to get through this hard initial period.

you can do this
D
Old 07-20-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

teardrop, I am not in AA either, but I have tried the Rational Recovery which helped a lot. It made me see that I was responsible for my alcohol intake and I was the only one who could stop it. Look for that strength in yourself, it is there.

Are you taking antidepressants? Doing any kind of exercise? All of which is helping me tremendously. Hang in there teardop.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

You are having a rough time, brother.

Not enjoying (hating) everything is not uncommon at your stage. Keep going for another month. I know it seems absurd, now, but it will get better. The only thing you have to lose is the monkey on your back.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by secretary View Post
teardrop, I am not in AA either, but I have tried the Rational Recovery which helped a lot. It made me see that I was responsible for my alcohol intake and I was the only one who could stop it. Look for that strength in yourself, it is there.

Are you taking antidepressants? Doing any kind of exercise? All of which is helping me tremendously. Hang in there teardop.
im on prozac

Last edited by teardrop; 07-20-2013 at 05:19 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-20-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
im on prozac
I'm on Cymbalta and have been on antidepressants for years. The depression is probably what caused me to drink. Which is probably an oxymoron since booze causes more depression. Keep fighting the good fight, teardrop. We are here for you.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Marcher

Teardrop,
I felt like you do for nearly 3 months. I know it sucks, it makes you wonder why you are even doing this? I did very little for a while, then slowly started trying small things, new things, a little exercise... after a while things started looking up. Everyday seems a little better. Some days I just got through till bedtime. But eventually I found myself enjoying my days. And I didn't give myself a choice. Staying sober is my only option. Drugs and alcohol cannot exist in my life. That is key!