Need support....

Old 07-19-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need support....

Today I am having a meh day!
I know it is normal and part of the process, but I am disliking this feeling... in fact, I am EXHAUSTED of feeling like this.

NC with XAB, good days and when I have bad days they are just meh!

Somethings I won't understand and now I am just easing the pain.

If you can send me or remind me again why I am doing the right choice of taking care of me that will be great... because today is a day that I am not feeling it.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Well, taking care of you is the right choice because:

a) You're the only one you can do anything about, and

b) If you don't take care of you, who will? Others can't do anything about you.

What can I say, we all have meh! days now and then. Even people who never touched an alcoholic with the proverbial 10-foot pole. I think it's really common for people who have left a bad situation to think they SHOULD feel good all the time. But doing the right thing doesn't guarantee every day is gonna feel good. Over time, you will have more and more good days. But no matter how much time, or how well you recover, some days will just be meh.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, "meh" days are part of life. You're going to have them regardless, but if you are with an alcoholic you are going to have them more often, and then on top of it, you will also have horrific days.

You are doing this because it is nearly impossible to have a happy life with an active A, and when you get through this initial painful part, a peaceful life awaits you. And you know this.

You just need encouragement and support!!!

We are here.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi I had one of those meh days (love that word) yesterday. And was thinking why am I doing this? and this is too difficult. As dreams of serenity said if you had stayed its true you would have horrific days......and that's what keeps me going with no contact, I don't want all the crap that goes with alcoholism in my life anymore and keep telling myself I deserve so much more and deserve to be content yeah even happy! I know chow hard it is I'm there just now and just hopeful to come out the other side. Sending love and support
Old 07-20-2013, 07:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am glad for this support.

It is hard. The good days are amazing, but when I have a bad day, I have zero control and feel very anxious. I know I am doing the right thing, however, I can't feel it.

I need to start rebuilding myself and I am, but it is just too painful.

I am learning to care for somebody, but not to have him in my life.
I am learning to care for me, but not even know when to start.

I just don't like it and this heartache that I am experiencing I don't want ANYBODY to have.

I woke up thinking of him... again....
Old 07-20-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What helped me was to look up books web sites etc on love addiction. I believe I'm addicted to him. Also I don't look for amazing days at this period just days where I get through it and get on with my life....focus on myself. I'm still obsessed at times with analysing what happened, why he acts like he does but know that's when I have to deal with my own issues. Obsessing about someone else just stops us dealing with our own issues and stresses with US! It's like the alcoholic numbing their pain with booze....I used my ex in a way, to numb my own pain. It's a grieving process and just trying to accept the reality of how things are not how you would like them to be helps. I know how you feel but just keep thinking you don't want to be feeling in pain for the rest of our life at least you I'll come out of this at the other end the better off person . Hang in there sending you love and support
Old 07-20-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How to get through a Meh Day!

13 things to get you through a meh day!! Don't laugh to hard. What am I saying, laugh your booty off!

Hope it helps! God Bless!

13 Simple Steps To Get You Through A Rough Day - StumbleUpon
Old 07-21-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That is hilllarrrious deeker! Thanks

I guess it is a matter of time...
One day at a time!