Notices

Introduction

Old 07-19-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Introduction

Hello. I just found out my 25 year old daughter is a heroin addict. She is also bipolar.
We went to our first nar-anon meeting last night, which was helpful as far as helping ourselves deal with this, but we need support when it comes to dealing with her. As in what do we do if she shows up? Is isolation better? (as far as excluding her from family events until she is clean, etc) Or is that worse? I have no idea, Im new. Thank you.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Hi, and welcome. I am sorry about your daughter, it must be hard. Glad you are going to NarAnon - that will definitely help.

We have a great forum on here for families who are dealing with substance abuse. There is also a forum for mental disorders. I hope you check them out.

Wishing you the best!
Old 07-19-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, though sorry for what has brought you here.

I suggest you read through this forum: Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

It's full of people who have loved ones who are A's (addicts and/or alcoholilcs). There are several forums here, when I first came I found there were so many others going through what I was (I'm an RA [recovering addict] and have loved ones who are A's).

Kudos to you both going to nar-anon and coming here!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-19-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! Do take a look at that forum link for friends and family of addicts. Lots of support and understanding there. Read around the site and post wherever you like. You'll find lots of support here.