Notices

i want this for real this time

Old 07-15-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i want this for real this time

Hi. I began drinking since i was 12 years old. I dont know why but i know that i come from a huge family of alcoholics. Some if whom have died. Im now 40 and want my old life to die and live a new one. I tried commiting suicide on july 12,2013. Obviously has a purpose for me. I know i need help and i know i cant do this alone
Old 07-15-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR m2ndchance. It's great that you found us. This is a supportive & encouraging place where we all understand you.

You never have to feel alone. We know how hard it is to let go of something that's been part of your life for so long. I'm so sorry for what you've been through - but you're right, you definitely do have a purpose. I'm so glad you reached out for help and want to make this change. We know you can do this.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! I'm glad you found us and joined the family!
Old 07-15-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cool

Originally Posted by m2ndchance View Post
Hi. I began drinking since i was 12 years old. I dont know why but i know that i come from a huge family of alcoholics. Some if whom have died. Im now 40 and want my old life to die and live a new one. I tried commiting suicide on july 12,2013. Obviously has a purpose for me. I know i need help and i know i cant do this alone
Really good to have you here!

There is a really great life out there away from alcohol and drugs and you can find it.

Keep coming back here, its a really good place; seek and find help..
Old 07-15-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome. You have a good start by being honest with yourself about the problem as denial is a big handicap in getting sober. The way it works is we don't drink one day/one minute at a time, simple, not always easy but millions are doing it. I used AA, some use this forum and other means. Good luck and keep coming. BE WELL
Old 07-15-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi m2nd . It's really good you have come here. Keep posting & reading
Old 07-15-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank u to u all. Maybe im weak but just for the response im crying. Wow a crybaby! But id rather b a crybaby than a monkey anyday! :-) i am going to make it this time. Im so happy to have found u all. This is going to b awesome beyond my wildest dreams!
Old 07-15-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

m2ndchance, Man I can understand about the alcohol being part of your life since you were young. I was busted in Elementary School for having vodka in my thermos. The REALLY stupid part of it was I wasnt even drinking it. But I was boasting about it. Unfortunately I WAS drinking at that young age. My Mom would have parties with some biker friends and they would get drunk and stoned and leave the drinks all over the house and I would get up the next morning and finish off some glasses. Also when my brother and I would come home from school the house would often be filled with pot smoke and we would walk in and just get stoned instantly. I grew up around it and it seemed kinda normal to me. My real drinking started around 15 by then I was quite tall and new how to handle myself around adults so I could get in to just about any bar. There werent ID checkers back then and as long as you behaved yourself no one bothered you. I have said before that trying to quit now feels like trying to teach myself a new way to breathe. Its just always been there but I am about to turn 50 and the health aspects of it, coupled with some black outs, have become enough to really make me want to quit for good........ but as you know, its hard. I wish you great luck, Kitty
Old 07-15-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I was emotional too when I first found this place. I never knew there'd be so many who would understand - the relief was enormous. It made all the difference to my recovery.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome m2ndchance

it's never ever too late - and you'll find a lot of support here

I turned my life around at 40 - I know you can too

D
Old 07-15-2013, 11:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I just walked home from my first ever AA meeting!!! It was awesome. Although i didn't know what to expect i am happy that i went! I want to know GOD knows what He is doing.... At this meeting i met my sponsor!! I'm on my way! Day number 2 and still sober good nite everyone!! I'm so happy i found u all!! Have an awesome night.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

fantastic m2ndchance

D