Notices

Day 6 and I wanted a beer SO BAD this afternoon!!!

Old 07-15-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 and I wanted a beer SO BAD this afternoon!!!

Like I said, I'm away from home, for work. Usually at the end of the day, a cold beer in the bar here felt sooo good -- like a reward for a job well done, a relief from the hot weather, and an energizer to get ready for tomorrow...

MAN oh man, I was really tempted.

But, I came up to my room, got some ice, drank ice water... Cooled off. Did a little game on my phone. Waited for the urge to pass. It kind of has -- it's still tempting, but I'm just going to keep putting one foot in front of the other and go for another no-alcohol supper.

Really helps to know you're all here!

Old 07-15-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job Yea the summer heat today has gotten to me a few times as well .. One good thing is I work tonight so I 90% of the time avoided drinking before work; or I wouldn't be up now w\ insomnia lol But Congrats; keep fighting
Old 07-15-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I spent many a night with SR on my phone in my pocket. My own personal sober army by my side. Great job on day 6!
Old 07-15-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well handled FreeDance

I found that often drinking a cold drink helped with cravings. I think part of the craving was just thirst but I always associated that with alcohol, either thirst for alcohol or that intense thirst I got after a night of heavy drinking. Either way, it took me a long time to stop feeling guilty about being thirsty!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fantastic! I know exactly what you mean about these hot days and beer. However, an experience in the imagination and the reality are so very different. That beer may quench for a short time ... but it lies ... tells you you're still thirsty after one ... two ... three ... ten. Ice water will quench your thirst but it won't lie. It's a true friend.

Day 6! Please take a moment to congratulate yourself. You've earned it.