Intuition, Learning to trust and listen

Old 07-13-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Intuition, Learning to trust and listen

So I've been thinking a lot about how my intuition doesn't lie, I'd I'm really willing to listen and ready for what it's telling me. I've been thinking about how my body and soul were hollering at me about taking better care for myself before I went NC and ended things with my exABF, and other hard times in my life too. And how we know our own truths so many times, even before we're ready for them, and that seems true for many great people on SR trying to aim towards positive growth and healing.

And then this popped up in my FB feed just now, hitting all those notes, and I wanted to share it all with you:

The Voice By Shel Silverstein

There is a voice inside of you
That whispers all day long,
“I feel that this is right for me,
I know that this is wrong.”
No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
Or wise man can decide
What’s right for you– – just listen to
The voice that speaks inside.

I hope this resonates with others too.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you SL for posting this. I'm about three months out from a breakup with my exabf who I living with and very much hoped we could have a future...but not to be and the way it ended was awfully painful and he hurt me very much. These past few months have been some of the most emotionally painful months of my life, if not THE MOST. I relate very much to your posts and just keep trying everyday to put one foot in front of the other as well as to get the support I need through Al Anon, SR, therapy, family, and friends. I'm lucky to have a great support system in place but the pain of 7 years gone, be it good & bad times is very difficult. I've never been through a divorce but I'm told this is a lot of what it feels like. I'm not in a great spiritual place right now, haven't been for a long time but last night I did pray and ask GOD for a "god shot" that others keep talking about to let me know I'm on the right path. Then I read your post today. If I could trust in God I would say that this is pretty close to being what I asked for...here is why. My mother passed away about 13 years ago and one of the first poetry books she ever bought for me was by Shel Silverstein and this poem says a lot about what I'm going through at the moment...so thank you for possibly relaying this message to me via the higher power that I'm hoping to one day find some comfort in and/or at the very least reminding me of some wonderful moments with my mom
Old 07-13-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That just made me cry Boon44. If you're right, and I hope and believe in that, I think I must have needed that as much as you. That is so incredibly lovely about your mother, and your open plea for help with what's next. Your response is a huge gift in my direction.

We're connected today, eh? Thank you for that. Keep being brave, honest and open. More and more I think that's what it's all about. And the way we can be truest to ourselves.

Thank you. Many times over.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

-And how we know our own truths so many times, even before we're ready for them, and that seems true for many great people on SR trying to aim towards positive growth and healing.

This is so true. Why we don't listen sooner is not something I've learned yet.