Notices

Day2 and miserable

Old 07-13-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day2 and miserable

I'm 54 hours off of xanax cold turkey and feeling awful. Stuffed up, can't sleep, stomach a mess. I have glimmers of what's ahead though and am keeping focus. I want to know what YOU found in the other side that makes this worth it? What is best about your sobriety? I want to remember the good and focus on achieving that again.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Katt, Day2 and miserable? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. Your body incorporated xanax into your being to make you happy and now you have deprived your body of it and it is complaining. It will take some time but the awfulness of it all will go away. Just the knowing that I can quit has made it worth it to me. The best thing about my sobriety is, I have one less problem in my life. You can do it, rootin for ya.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Well done on those 54 hours, Katt. You're doing great. I have no experience of xanax withdrawal, alcohol was my drug of choice, but you're doing the right thing on focusing on why this will all be worth it in the end. I'm back on day 6 and have never had continuous sobriety for very long, but I've read a lot of posts here from people who have made it to the other side and say it's better than in their wildest dreams. I love neferkamichael's reply. More inspirational people will be along soon to share their experience, strength and hope with you.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know a guy who quit Xanax and alcohol and has over 10 years clean now. He says he remembers telling himself that if he could just get through a short period of discomfort(like a month), he knew he could have the rest of his life to be happy. He said it came true, not without its struggles of course. I guess that could apply to all of us.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Katt -- distract yourself with something enjoyable, whether it's ice cream or a movie or a hot bath, and push through the temporary discomfort today. I know you'll feel better on the other side!
Old 07-13-2013, 12:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks to all of you for the support. I am through that little spell. I'm finding that I just need to stay busy rather than rest and sleep
Right now. Idle body equals idle mind and obsessing for me.
I can't wait until I can face a difficult day with just talking myself through it instead of popping a pill. Ill be glad to get thought my days without counting doses and worrying so much.
Symptoms are calmer for right now except everything is so LOUD. It's driving me nuts!
Old 07-13-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Finding the real me again was priceless Katt.
Stick with it

D
Old 07-13-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
LDT

I quit Xanax and booze at the same time. I know this sounds crazy, but I did a LOT of laundry to distract myself ( I hate doing laundry ). And when everything was clean.....I did it all over again. The best thing about becoming sober for me was I rediscovered the humor in everything. When I was drinking I had forgotten how to really laugh.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

The best thing about my sobriety is the peace and contentment I have. I NEVER had this when I was drinking even thought that is what I was trying to get.

Stay strong, you can and will get thru this! It really does get better, think of it as a little bump.