Notices

Revelations

Old 07-12-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Revelations

Day 7 is here at last and this is the conclusion of the goal I set, 7 days alcohol free!

After seven days of sobriety here are the things I notice.

1. My eyes are clear, I didn't even believe this when I read it but it is true, my friends and family have commented saying I look better, more focused, more determined, but more gentle and kind, the edge is gone.

2. The fog in my brain has lifted, too many days I would walk around with a fog from a leftover hangover as my security blanket, now when I wake up in the morning everything thing is clear.

3. I am hungry again, I guess my alcohol consumption accounted for most of my daily value caloric intake, it's sad but I'll admit that I was eating only once a day and still maintaining my weight, now I am hungry and I have three balanced meals every day, which started on day two, and leads me to number four

4. Losing weight, my ideal weight is 185 lbs and I was 214 a week ago, this morning I am 210 despite eating three times the amount of food I did while I was drinking which must then account for number 5

5. The energy, is intoxicating, I walk about 5 miles a day at work, in heat that reaches 100 almost daily now (Construction Management) and as of day three this week I actually had the energy to do it, I go and go, and when I come home I still have the energy to play with 4 kids and sate mommas needs which of course leads to number 6

6. I sleep, it is more restful, and less fitful, admittedly if you've read my posts you know that day 3 and 4 were difficult insomnia wise, but day 5 got better and last night was fantastic which leads me to number 7

7. I feel great, I mean really good, like I haven't felt in years, I'm alert and aware, my wit is sharp, my mind is clear, I feel stronger, more energetic, I feel more calm and quiet, I feel more gentle but focused, and right now I feel more hungry, so it's off to make breakfast!

7 days was my goal and I have achieved it, I am on a three day weekend and had planned to indulge, but the way this has gone, I don't need to, so my new goal is 10 days longer and thus day 7 now becomes

Day 1 - I am sober!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Awesome!!!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 7 days! That's awesome! Isn't it great how the body responds when we treat it right. I'm still noticing improvements at 5+ months. It keeps getting better and better!
Old 07-12-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you're doing so well and feeling good.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats!
Old 07-12-2013, 12:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Maybe I am missing something but why would you want to start back up?
Old 07-12-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done, loved your post