Notices

Need help on an amend please

Old 07-12-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need help on an amend please

Whether you are in AA or not:

I am curious as to how you would handle this. I am going to listen to what my sponsor says of course, but I want the collective wisdom of SR.

I had a job for about two months. On the last day of the said job I got wasted at the job and husband had to come pick me up. That is the last time they have laid eyes on me or spoken to me. Naturally I am HORRIFIED. Getting THAT drunk was an accident. Obviously I should not have been drinking at all, but I just got blotto. That was in January of 2011.

Do you think it is appropriate to first try to make contact with the owner by email to see if he would be willing to meet with me so that I can make a formal amend? Obviously they know exactly how sick I was so I can lay it all out on the table for them about the process.

What do you think? Any advice?
Old 07-12-2013, 03:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey dude

I'd say any time you can apologise/make amends/get in touch over an incident, alcoholic or not, do it. It obviously still haunts you, and even without knowing you I'd bet good money you'll feel better afterwards.

xx
Old 07-12-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Remember an amends is a sort of a cleansing action and not something to expect a soft hug from. After a period of time if old wounds are present they MAY be healed with both parties. BE WELL
Old 07-12-2013, 04:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

I don't know how I feel about this one to be honest. If I was never going to see these people again, I don't know if I would.

I personally keep anything work related and my personal life seperate. But that is just me.

At the end you need to do what feels right to you . I support you 100% in whatever you decide to do.