Notices

Having a rough day

Old 07-11-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having a rough day

I've been in touch with some old friends today about some baggage that happened a long time ago and it's been really tough. I hope it's been productive. If so, it will go a long way towards keeping me sober. If not, I guess I've messed up by bringing it up. It's hard to know how to handle those situations. If anyone has experience with this, please share how it worked out. Thx
Old 07-11-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I guess the most important thing to remember is that whether you bring it up or not, it happened and you cannot do anything about it - other than moving forward with your sobriety. And it will take time to regain trust - no matter how much you try to force it by bringing the issue up, only time will heal the wounds.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is always a touchy situation. Old baggage. I've got some of that! It's always a close call whether to bring it up. Depends on how long ago it was, what's in the baggage, lots of other stuff. Maybe the general idea is that if you think it might make other folks and yourself feel better then it's worth giving it a try. Otherwise, as they say let sleeping dogs lie. It's a case by case thing. Too many variables to have a general answer. Maybe the longer it was ago and the more troublesome it was the greater the likelihood that it might best be left alone. Time has a way of healing things or at least making them a little less troublesome. Sound diminishes with the square of the distance. Sorrow and anger may diminish in like fashion but some of this may depend on the people involved.

W.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope your day gets better.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Old baggage, new baggage, it's often not easy. I'm finally beginning to realize that regardless it's all just easier with a clear and sober existence.