Notices

About to drink

Old 07-11-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

About to drink

I do not know if it is the weather or what, but I need to drink right now. Not want, need. My life is completely empty without alcohol. I have no energy and I am tired of this ****.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ride it out, dude. I did exactly this two days ago - trust me, you won't enjoy it, you won't gain anything from it, you just come out feeling like a dick.

You're tired of this ****? I swear drinking won't give you your energy back. Waking up without a hangover tomorrow might...

Stay and talk, okay?

xx
Old 07-11-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't drink, it won't make anything better. Keep reading and posting. Don't pick up the drink, if you have any pour it out.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I disagree with 'needing' to drink. You 'need' to breathe, but you want to drink. It isn't necessary for survival so it's not a need like food and shelter.

I hope you don't give in.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope you are still here with us
  # 6 (permalink)  

How long have you been sober Acheleus?

I am sorry to break it to you but you don't need to drink. You might need to drink some cold water cos it's sunny out there and you're dehydrated, and you might need to eat something at some point, but you don't need alcohol.

Sorry your life feels empty too, but maybe that is a sign you should fill it. Booze doesn't make a life unempty, if anything it perpetuates a cycle of isolation and loneliness, but taking up hobbies, seeing people/family... that is the stuff you need to fill your life with.

Energy...? I didn't have any off that for my first year sober. Pah, it is overrated it anyway, I got some nice well needed sleep in instead.

Go for a nap with a glass of water and think about this later x
  # 7 (permalink)  

Don't do it! You will feel so bad and sick. I almost drank today and I wanted to SO BAD but I didn't and now I don't want to. This urge WILL pass. You can do it!!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bloss View Post
if you have any pour it out.
Such good advice. I always thought when I started, that was it. Yeah, pour it out - better one drink than ten.

x
Old 07-11-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Play the tape through, Acheleus. You have no way of knowing where that first drink will lead you. Didn't your doctor tell you you'd die if you drank or smoke again? You're playing Russian roulette with your life. Give sobriety a chance. You need to give it longer. Just wait and wait and the tiredness and lack of energy will pass. You'd just be delaying the fruits of sobriety by picking up a drink yet again.

I know all this because I thought "f*** it, I'm going to drink for a weekend". That was 6 weeks ago and I'm only now back on day 4. I've had to go through withdrawals all over again. I've set my recovery back in physical terms because I'm exhausted and listless again. Who knows how good I'd feel by now if I hadn't picked up that first drink that Friday night?
Old 07-11-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

There's a liar living in your head. I have one, too. Don't listen to that sumbeach. He'll tell you anything to get you to drink. Don't listen to that liar.

Breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth. The air coming in is cool and fresh and blue. The air going out is hot and red and vile. Breathe it out brother. You can do this. Let it pass.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Can you do something drastic instead of drinking? Just something completely not typical for you. To get outside your head. Do something physical maybe?

You can get through this. This is an urge and nothing more. It is not some philosophical revelation that your genes or DNA "need" that alcohol... you can surf right through this urge, like all the times before. You are not predestined to drink, Acheleus!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

1 is too many 1000 is never enough!!! Dont do it!!!
I'm only 3 months, my AV has spoken to me today saying "yea just go get a bottle", "ok not tonight, but this weekend get a bottle". It horrible.
I wont drink because I consider myself allergic now. It consumes me like poison. It is a death sentence. I will die. Not cool.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Acheleus,
Please don't drink today.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Can you get outside and go for a run Acheleus? Even if it's raining, can you go work off that craving? Do something to get those endorphins going if you can. I hear you totally, I've been feeling emotionally in the pits this week, but no way in hell is drinking going to resolve it. You know that for yourself too Acheleus. Stay strong to your commitment to sobriety.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Not much else to say that hasn't already been said Ach.

You and you alone have the choice to make here - think of all the things you've gained and how far you've grown by your sobriety. Remember the progress you've made with your counselor too. Remember you asked a girl out on a date without any alcohol involved whatsoever.

And most importantly, remember that drinking will make everything you hope it will fix ( emptiness, loneliness ) far worse - that's a guarantee my friend. Make the right choice please.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
I do not know if it is the weather or what, but I need to drink right now. Not want, need. My life is completely empty without alcohol. I have no energy and I am tired of this ****.
You're posting here! Have a hunch you really don't want to... Come on... Don't do it! Be an inspiration for us

You can do it! I mean... Not doing it.

It would in fact be quite awesome to see you follow up post that indicates you got through this AV attack.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Alcohol is a delusion,

Bestwishes, m
Old 07-11-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I will keep trying. I'm just nervous all the time. I used to drink to relax, and I can't stop worrying.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Take a walk around the block. Burn off some of the nervous energy. Don't drink!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm going to try to read for a little while and focus my mind on something better than getting drunk. Just feeling bad today, thank you for the advice. Tomorrow morning I have a doctor's appointment and I am nervous about that and I don't want to go on medication. I would rather drink than take medication.